Magic Resistance (Unaffect Rates)

Yue

Magic Resistance (Unaffect Rates)

Postby Yue » Thu May 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Unaffect rates depend on Wis, Racial Trait and Class Trait.

So:

% of Unaffect = WIS% + Racial Trait% + Class Trait %

Racial Traits
  • Elves 20%
  • Gnomes 18%
  • Dark-Elf 16%
  • Halflings 14%
  • Half Elves 12%
  • Humans 10%
  • Dwarves 8%
  • Goblins 4%
  • Saurians 2%
  • Half Orcs 0%

Class Trait
    Monk 10%
    Cleric 7%
    Sorceror 5%
    Necromancer 5%
    Paladin 2%
    Bard 2%

Zilveari

Re: Magic Resistance (Unaffect Rates)

Postby Zilveari » Thu May 05, 2016 2:22 pm

I would like to see unaffect go away except for level-based. You shouldn't be able to hurt something far higher level than you with a spell after all.

But for MR I think I would rather see it work as an absorption effect. Your MR absorbs a % of the magic damage cast against you.

Yue

Postby Yue » Thu May 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Zilveari wrote:I would like to see unaffect go away except for level-based. You shouldn't be able to hurt something far higher level than you with a spell after all.

But for MR I think I would rather see it work as an absorption effect. Your MR absorbs a % of the magic damage cast against you.

That's interesting... Those percentages could be worked for magic absorb then.

Magic absorb could also be interested in the case of Dark Elves. A percentage of damage absorbed could go into refilling mana. (Just a crazy idea)

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Thu May 05, 2016 2:39 pm

I like the idea of mana absorb for Drow. That could go into your racial perk thread. I think all of the Drow's racials should be radical. Infravision, mana absorb, some kind of a poison or something. Obviously not a powerful poison. But something that would maybe reduce the opponent's int or str by 1 depending on their class? Or maybe every attack they receive from the Drow receives an extra point or two of damage or something.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 05, 2016 4:52 pm

I still think races should have MR bonuses. There should be a reason to go with some races and I think MR would be a good part of it if AGI actually worked too.

It should be level based too though. But the bases I think are okay as the above stated. So that MR + some sort of level MR so lowbies can't effect vet when they are level 8.

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Thu May 05, 2016 4:55 pm

What about a cutoff. Like if your target is 5+ levels higher than you, you automatically unaffect... or maybe only do 1 damage.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 05, 2016 5:04 pm

Zilveari wrote:What about a cutoff. Like if your target is 5+ levels higher than you, you automatically unaffect... or maybe only do 1 damage.

I don't think it should be 0% ever. When you attack dodge wise, it might be only 5 or 10% chance to hit if your let say, level 15 vs a 25, and you pretty much never dodge them, but it should have some sort of scale. I agree that it should be alot harder as the level drops though.

I don't like systems that limit you after a cutoff: I like it when its scaled, even if the scale is a large jump (i.e. 5 or 10% more unaffect per level.)

Return to “Archive Chat”