Reckqq

Paladin/Guardian

Postby Reckqq » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:14 pm

Talk about Paladin/Guardian here

Fighter - Paladin - Guardian

Requirements: 16 Str, 11 Int, 14 Wis, 16 Chr
Experience points to level 25: 330 million exp
Skills and Spells
Curel - A minor healing spell, Curel allows the caster to cure minor wounds that have been inflicted on the recipient.

Those who walk closely with their god gain the ability to heal the wounded. Curel restores a small portion of health to the target, usually between 30 and 100 hit points, depending on the caster's level, intelligence and class. Druids and Paladins tend to have a stronger effect with Curel since Clerics have other more powerful healing tools to rely on and have not refined Curel as the other guilds have. Even so, it is still a weak healing spell.

Venin - Cleric, Druid and Paladin Spell - Obtained at level 5? (higher for Paladins), costs 40 mana
This basic spell is learnable by all healers. It soothes away any poison that is inflicted upon the body.

Rumored to have been developed by the Druids, after they had perfected the art of brewing amethyst potions, Venin clears the targets body of all poisons.

Jurgen - Cleric and Paladin Spell - Obtained at level ? (higher for Paladins), costs 10 mana
A healing spell, Jurgen allows the caster to cure wounds that have been inflicted on the recipient that are beyond the help of Curel.

The next level of healing abilities, jurgen is a powerful spell that regains a significant amount of health. The amount of healing depends on the caster's intelligence, and can be up to 140-150 hit points.

Bless - Cleric and Paladin Spell - Obtained at level 20 for Clerics, 23 for Paladins, costs all the caster's mana
This power allows for the caster to call upon the god he follows. If found worthy, the god infuses the armor or weapon with its power.

Bless is a powerful and essential spell for all of the devout. Performing a blessing places a fragment of the caster's faith and divinity into the item. Only weapons and body armor may be blessed. Weapons will do more damage and body armor will gain one armor count.

A curious feature of the spell allows the caster to perform a bless with half or more of their total mana points, resulting in negative points once the spell is done if their magical powers were not completely regenerated. Fizzling this spell is common until level 22 or 23, but if the spell fails it does not take any mana points.

Deathbane
Cleric and Paladin Spell - Obtained at level 15 for Paladins, costs 5 mana per target. Obtained at level ? for Clerics and costs 10 mana per target

A very powerful spell against the undead like Zombies, Skeletons, Werewolves and Ghouls. When cast, it will launch a volley of attacks, striking any undead creature in the same room as the caster. Paladins will do greater damage then Clerics, and it has been extensively tested and proven that having a divinity amulet equipped while casting increases damage. This spell does a huge amount of damage - highest currently reported is 785 damage points - but does not give the caster experience for the hit, only for the killshot bonus.

Protect-
By using /protect <character> a paladin will defend another player character and step in the way if any strikes are launched at them.
:evil: TJ Lethal :twisted:

daedroth

Re: Paladin/Guardian

Postby daedroth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:07 am

Does the Sight spell negate a Necromancers Blind spell?
If not, maybe it should?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:19 am

Edit main body , none of those spell words are used

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:01 am

lol this thread is nearly a year old.

Sight does not negate blind. Interesting idea but we don't really have counters like this ingame right now. Could see them maybe being a thing but it's a slippery slope.
<Silhouette>

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:04 am

run rabbit run
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

CGI

Postby CGI » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:18 am

Dev log for 1.1.8 has:

-Added sight to paladins. This eliminates blind and prevents it from being cast on you for a little. It also gives room vision in darkness.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:25 am

Hmm I'll have to test that, thanks!
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 am

@CGI Well spotted sir!

@Styx Yeh I noticed that too, I think all of the ones here need to be updated. This one even has the old stat requirements.

@Folder Year old or not it is titled "Paladin/Guardian" and Sight is a paladin spell, why start a new thread? :P
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:32 am

Yeah it negates blind and also prevents blind for while sight is active.

/protect has no nerfs anymore, at least for now. Not to MR or Dodge, just to state as well, been testing that atm.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:08 am

Not so much a request regarding any Guardian skill, more about build:

Please consider the guardian skills (sight, bane, cure, etc) in buiding OAD areas, so that Guardians might actually add something to a party. As it is, they are completely useless doing OADs. They dont heal as good as priests, and damage is too low to be competitive.

Thanks
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Return to “Archive Chat”