Ranger leveling, tamable pets etc

Mysticism

Ranger leveling, tamable pets etc

Postby Mysticism » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:53 am

So now that the ranger event is over I thought it would be a great idea to compile information regarding rangers.. such as good pets.. what level to get them etc... I went through the list but sadly i couldn't find very much information about good mobs to tame... Not sure if everyone wants to keep it a secret or what the deal is.....

I been trying to find a good arrow to use but haven't the slightest idea which does the most damage or where to get it..

Also I take it the pets mend skill is based on the pets int? is there any pets with high int? running around spending a fortune trying to tame monsters to find out and to see what dev they are etc is a bit insane... o_o so was hoping we could all help each other.

Tucker

Re: Ranger leveling, tamable pets etc

Postby Tucker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 am

Yeah I've got "Add arrows to equip. section" as a to-do in a notepad++ file :D

There's no info at all on the wiki for them. Also the Mobs info will probably be forthcoming as the wiki fleshes out. I think I'll want to rearrange the bestiary page to be sort-able on a lot of fields but key ones would be Div, Level, Tamable (y/n), and Exp.

There's definitely a separate need for a 'Ranger Guide' page which could have tips for the pet commands and monster taming guides which would include best Mob to tame and level with at x level. That info would definitely need to come from people who main Stalkers. My Ranger is currently like lvl 8 or something so I'm not much use for the pro-tips.

If you or anyone has any info feel free to throw stuff in here or PM me data and I can work with that.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am

My current only 25er is a Stalker so I have some data I can share when I get home tonight. You can also check the Div/type/tameable of monsters using the scrolls they can now create.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am

Ohko wrote:My current only 25er is a Stalker so I have some data I can share when I get home tonight. You can also check the Div/type/tameable of monsters using the scrolls they can now create.

Yeah anything'll help, because outside of stuff I can get sent is gravy since the rest will come from me on a borrowed Stalker running around with an inventory full of identify scrolls haha. Also if you wanna throw a couple of blurbs over just your thoughts on how to best play the class - basically any pro-tips from you would be tight since I can form that into a how-to for the class down the line.

Mysticism

Postby Mysticism » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Ohko wrote:You can also check the Div/type/tameable of monsters using the scrolls they can now create.

Wait what.. create scrolls?......
Edited: I just looked into it.. I had no clue this was added, thanks!!

Also it seems the best arrows for damage are Jagged arrows and of course blunt for taming, cheapest in the rangers guild. Kakegi Crow is probably the first pet you can tame with three attacks round level 12. They also have high int and work really well with the mend spell. The bear is a pretty good tank and does really good damage but I think only has 1 attack... Panther is level 20 and has three attacks.. Good with attack delay decreased.

Return to “Archive Chat”