Class pvp rankings

Lateralus

Class pvp rankings

Postby Lateralus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:27 pm

I am interested to see how people would rank the classes pvp 1v1 wise and group wise.

I understand race plays a role too but just in general looking at the class.

I'm Mostly typing this out to kind of think about where things sit.

1v1

1. Elder Druid. - I don't think anyone can disagree they have a huge advantage over chanters and no real weakness to anything. Landing ff on a slayer means that fight is over as well.

2. Slayer - a wild card with quite a bit of damage. It takes a bit of skill to play but even someone with Store bought gear could win a fight over the best equipped player.

3. Priest - main healing class very hard or impossible to take down besides a lucky round with a slayer

4. Enchanter - kills most melee only is weak to druids and other high wis classes

5. Ninja - well rounded can beat anyone at times even druids. Ninjas also stand up ok to casters unlike other melee

6. Minstrel - great self buffs heal and ok damage. In 1v1 they are hard to beat.

7. Knight - dwarf knights especially are very hard to kill great hp armor and even magic resistance. Pretty good damage output and hit rate too.

8. Necro - a lot like chanters a bit less damage but a bit more defense and survive.

9. zerker - another wild card class on damage they can do great damage but low ac and their negative 5% dodge means they don't fair well in 1v1 situations.

10. Guardian this could be argued higher they do well in some pvp events actually but even with full mana bar they can be beaten by slayers / ninjas then in events with 2 heal max they stand no chance.

11. Stalker - while stalkers did get a bit better this last event I think they still are a bit weak. Their damage is some of the lowest in the game (pets might avg about 60-100 dmg per round) and their ac is rather low as well unless you use shield & sword (which makes them a bit better). They are tops in solo pve however 1v1 fights do not often favor them. They are basically a zerker with less hp ac and less damage.

12. Brigand not much damage output even with bow. They do have hide which helps somewhat in double hide events. Basically 3/4 damage of Assassin. Most pump stats into int so overall combat stats are not as good.

Overall I think things are pretty balanced any one of the classes could move up or down 2-3 spots.

So what do you guys think?

JadeFalcon

Re: Class pvp rankings

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:11 am

This is hard...!

As a solo Saurian Slayer, I fear:
Enchanters
DMs
Elder Druids

In that order. Note that this is based on PKing, where pots are a big factor (or lack thereoff).

Group fights:
All classes have their uses, except knights, zerkers and stalkers. They add nothing to the party, and other classes have better damage
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Absentia

Postby Absentia » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:55 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:This is hard...!

As a solo Saurian Slayer, I fear:
Enchanters
DMs
Elder Druids

In that order. Note that this is based on PKing, where pots are a big factor (or lack thereoff).

Group fights:
All classes have their uses, except knights, zerkers and stalkers. They add nothing to the party, and other classes have better damage

Well i think monks and zerkers are around the same on damage zerks might even be higher but they have some of the worst defense in the game so they fall very easily.

As for knights they deal less damage than monks but defense wise they are prob the best in the game. priest + knight are pretty much impossible to take down.

Stalkers I think you are right about their damage is very low (even with the occasional pet hit for 60 some damage) and their defense is pretty low too with no shield. the pet search can be useful but if you put mend in your pet that pretty much goes away so ehh.
Orestes
Prometheus

Miach

Postby Miach » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 pm

1. Slayer
2. Elder
3. Ninja
4. Cavalier
5. Minstrel
6. DM
7. Chanter
8. Stalker
9. Zerker
10. Guardian
11. Brigand
12. Priest

These rankings are by 1v1 Duel events where rules do apply. The meta is much different for characters less than level 25.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 pm

1v1 KotH type thing (no pots, limited heals):
1. Elder
2. Chanter/DM can go here if low MR target
3. Ninja
4. Slayer
5. Cavalier
6. Stalker
7. Zerker
8. All the other dumpster 1v1 classes, including chanter/DM if a high MR target

Group fights where we are talking buffs/pots/etc.:
1. Priest
2. Chanter or Minstrel for buffs
3. Slayer
4. Ninja
5. Cav/Zerker
6. All the rest

Cycle down:
1. Guardian
2. Priest
3. All the rest
<Silhouette>

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:33 pm

1v1 ranking:

1. Ninja
2. Monk
3. Cav
4. Elder
5. Slayer
6. Enchanter
7. Guardian
8. Death Mage
9. Stalker
10. Berserker
11. Bard
12. Brigand
13. Priest

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:50 am

Theres a decent variance people seem to pick for the top 3-5 so that's nice. The last rankings seem to be similar on most though which we'll slowly get to as we can.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Reaper wrote:1v1 ranking:

1. Ninja
2. Monk
3. Cav
4. Elder
5. Slayer
6. Enchanter
7. Guardian
8. Death Mage
9. Stalker
10. Berserker
11. Bard
12. Brigand
13. Priest

Monks are gods in level 24 koth but just looking at the koth results they dont even beat out druids (with most wins or streak) so they are not better than slayers or elders for sure.

Looking purely at koth elders win a ton of 3peats as all as have huge streaks. up until this decked out cav (with 400pp blade and top equips) won 2 in a row elders had won like 8 koths in a row and most the time gotten streak as well. Last week an elder won 12 matches in a row until another elder beat him... There is no chance anything touches elders in 1v1 pvp unless full mana bar is allowed and even then its close they win a good amount of cycle downs.

Styx

Postby Styx » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:51 am

Maybe we should look at what's at the bottom of the list for what needs improving first?

Rael

Postby Rael » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:15 am

A few months ago chanters and dm's ruled 1v1 events every week because most people built melee classes with no mr. Elders are the new chanters and dm's of a few months ago but it is not as easy as lvling a high mr class to beat them lol.
As far as the fully decked cav that beat the elem druid last week it took alot of luck lol

Return to “Archive Chat”