Current Class Modifiers & Skills/Spells

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Current Class Modifiers & Skills/Spells

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 19, 2016 5:46 am

This post will be updated as I work on classes. It will contain any bonuses that classes give and spells/skills that are in game. Please note spells will be in last as I need to make a system that allows purchasing them. Won't be giving out some information as it won't make much sense to know there damage modifier for example without knowing how the formula works 100%.

Again, skills/spells that are NOT IN YET won't show.

https://ember-online.com/helper/ClassesFull.html

Grahf

Re: Current Class Modifiers & Skills/Spells

Postby Grahf » Sat May 28, 2016 1:56 pm

What do the restrictions mean?

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Stat restrictions, meaning you need to be able to meet each stat with your chosen race to make that race/class combo.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:38 am

As I felt MR was slightly too low, instead of putting more into races, I threw some into classes.

12% Monk
8% Sorc
7% Cleric
6% Necromancer/Paladin
5% Bard
4% Ranger
3% Druid
2% Thief
1% Knight
0% Barb/Assassin

With the upcoming damage spells for sorcs/necros I think this will help. Obviously MR means nothing if you have no wisdom 8)

Kudaith

Postby Kudaith » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:19 pm

I don't suppose there's any chance the class restrictions or racial maximums could be adjusted to allow for every race to get into every class?
Having played a few games, and most recently 5e, I've become rather attracted to less restrictive and more permissive. I get flavor and weighted population but it'd be nice to be able to play/see non-optimized or counter-stereotype combinations; or at least know that it's a possible goal for the future once the basics are in place.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Kudaith wrote:I don't suppose there's any chance the class restrictions or racial maximums could be adjusted to allow for every race to get into every class?
Having played a few games, and most recently 5e, I've become rather attracted to less restrictive and more permissive. I get flavor and weighted population but it'd be nice to be able to play/see non-optimized or counter-stereotype combinations; or at least know that it's a possible goal for the future once the basics are in place.

It's really hard to do this without nerfing alot of races because of how it's designed right now. It might be a bit too op in making certain classes to easy to get into while having maximum stats in whats needed. Everyone would be the same in the end. Not sure bout that.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:13 am

I always knigts should have a decent amount of MR since it's usually a knight that gets sent off to slay dragons and wizards. :lol:

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:29 am

Will clerics get another more powerful healing spell? They have the exact same healing powers as a paladin.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Kudaith

Postby Kudaith » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Rodeo wrote:I always knigts should have a decent amount of MR since it's usually a knight that gets sent off to slay dragons and wizards. :lol:

Haven't you seen Shrek? That's why the knights are always dying and why the king is always looking for a hero.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Mujahideen wrote:Will clerics get another more powerful healing spell? They have the exact same healing powers as a paladin.

Of course they will.

Return to “Archive Chat”