Race Stat Changes

JadeFalcon

Re: Race Stat Changes

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:29 am

Well then, take the "double" hide of slayers, and they will be back to being useless in OADs, and other classes will be "useful" again - that is actually one improvement for slayers that i think was excessive.

The issue with slayers being the only race to PK inst so much their damage (they can theoretically hit for a lot, but rarely do so - a double BS without div is survivable at lvl 20 and above), but the fact they can surprise people. Pair a chanter with a ninja, cast fade, and lo and behold, you will have a pking ninja.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:04 pm

The problem is 25 STR hit strong enough for ppl choose races/classes based on that. And it ruins game diversity.

The question is, a slayer should have a so high chance to round a 19- END char?

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:10 pm

a pk ninja with less than a half % chance to hit 5 for 5 and still do less damage than an average slayer hitting 2x. im not saying a slayer cant be the best pker around and have major solo value, just at the moment its a tad excessive.

i didnt even say they need removed its just the game is 1 sided in their favor right now. the class can all be lizards and even kill their theoretical weakness. as chanters still cant round them and need to hit 7-8 times which can be 3+ rounds vs 10 wis.

for the time being a str brigand(x3) is plenty of damage, slayer is overkill. until theres more mage types(some with burst damage) and some other burst damage melee classes to offer competition slayer is way out of proportion.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 pm

I think the idea for the slayer is good, its an assassin, they should kill its target taking them by surprise.

Its the mechanics there are broken imo.

They should have a setback for so much lethality, like being vulnerable after a basckstab.

The ideal mechanic should be the bs has strenght scaled with the amount of current stam, and BS use all of it, making it exhausted.

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:44 pm

If 16 percent is ability to backstab that low, if I remember it's 40 percent on equal agi to hit.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:02 pm

that is correct 40% for same agility.

my example was a saurian 22 agi which in most cases is equal to or higher than the targets you will fight.

slayer has 40% chance to hit the first bs then a 40% chance to hit the second. the relative odds is 40% x 40% which is 16% to hit both

a pk ninja as exemplified above would have a 40% to hit 1 stam 40% to hit the second 40% for the third all the way to stam 5.
the relative odds for them is 40%x40%x40%x40%x40% = 0.4%

16% / 0.4 = 400

its not that far off, its only 400x as likely for a perfect round on a slayer compared to monk. /eyes

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 am

Monk has 5 attacks but you need to base it on 4 attacks, since mo k dammage should be adjusted for the 5 attacks

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 am

ninjas have 5 stam

any 4 stam melee attack would have 40%x40%x40%x40%=2.56% monk is actually 1.024% not .4%(i omitted a part of the post where i was explaining rates of a cav hitting 6x in a row (0.4%) and left the math)

regardless a cav barb or whatever u want is still less likely to get a perfect round than a slayer. ninja is lower because of 5 stam odds. and even if they do it generally isnt as effective. they have to roll vs agility 2-2.5x as often, they take 2x the risk of absorbs and blocks also.

but enough of this. lets get prop 19 added and agility fixed so we can test some lings and stuff.

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:32 am

After the hurricane us over lol. Most of the testing and formulates can be done on paper

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 am

One point though. Slayers are slower with/out new mechanic, and slightly more awkward to use. Also they are meant to... well assassinate. :popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”