Race Stat Changes

Lateralus

Re: Race Stat Changes

Postby Lateralus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:42 am

Good i feel like we are on the same page and again I am good with either +stats to halfling/gnome or +end to balance races and int to gnome.

I dont think de really needs anything besides maybe a pool stat or two too keep them competitive if you are giving everyone +1 end.

Maybe we should make a poll or something about whether to go the +stats on halfling and gnome or to do end on the balance races +int on gnome? I am honestly pretty divided but would be interested to see what people think.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:45 am

Lateralus wrote:Good i feel like we are on the same page and again I am good with either +stats to halfling/gnome or +end to balance races and int to gnome.

I dont think de really needs anything besides maybe a pool stat or two too keep them competitive if you are giving everyone +1 end.

Maybe we should make a poll or something about whether to go the +stats on halfling and gnome or to do end on the balance races +int on gnome? I am honestly pretty divided but would be interested to see what people think.

Pool stats a good idea for DE yeah. I mean this is what the topic is for, replying/asking away. Would prefer comments though rather than a random poll on this though so be good if people reply here aboot it.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:51 am

The problem with that goblin stats is that they would make better paladins than humans, and that does not feel right. I think they should have 12 int, and 16 wis + mr bonus then.

About DE, how about make them have a +1 with less stats trade?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:02 am

Code: Select all

ST   AG   EN   IN   WI   CH      DIFF
Gnome        16   21   18   23   22   20      +1 INT/+1 END
Halfling     18   23   18   20   20   22      +1 END
Dark Elf     20   22   18   20   20   16      
Elf          18   22   18   21   21   22
Half Elf     19   21   19   20   20   21
Human        20   20   20   20   20   20
Saurian      22   22   19   14   14   14   
Drakeblood   21   22   20   12   12   20      
Elemental    14   19   20   21   23   14      
Half Orc     24   19   22   14   14   14   
Dwarf        21   19   23   17   20   16

Would be the other changes if we just kick out the ELF/HE/Human bonuses (Removed goblins cause not sure about them yet.) Which might be an OKAY thing too. Just showing this as an example for people.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 am

DE and Elf definetly need a +1 END, imo.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Dan wrote:DE and Elf definetly need a +1 END, imo.

I agree. I feel if you give gnomes +1 end but don't elves a corresponding +1 end then ppl could theoretically choose gnome and +1 agi to make a better spellcaster than best elf (and if you reduce the gnome pool points to try and avoid this it may prevent ppl from accessing 24int if they wanted it etc) .....

That's why basically I'm not sure I can comment too much more on NH's proposal at this stage other than to say:
1. It's good to see something done to make Lings n Gnomes more viable
2. It's hard to gauge a fair relative balance with the other races unless NH also also proposes corresponding total pool points for consideration alongside the changes

Eld

Postby Eld » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:51 pm

i put together a spreadsheet with some initial comparisons and comments

scroll to the right for my column with summary

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

i didnt take into account all the other multipliers btw, like racial MR and racial perks

take the "best melee/magic" builds with a grain of salt, and just move around the +1 stat due to personal

Edit to add:
added a column with my suggested changes on the spreadsheet

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm definitely with Eld that there needs to be a natural 22 int Race and I'd say that Elves are the best candidate. Elementals would be a good second candidate but their 19 agi kind of prevents them from being good at anything except for Druids imo. When comparing Elves and Gnomes I think Gnomes will come out far ahead of just about any other race for Chanters and DM's without Elves getting either an end or int buff and I think the int buff is better since it'll make a 22 int race.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Fucking around based on your values and mine, maybe that would be better on what is there now?

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:18 pm

NiteHawk wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15EUNEHza_TEiL4Qw-RofGVNX1mcBPQ0T9Ri8pB3EfXA/edit?usp=sharing

Fucking around based on your values and mine, maybe that would be better on what is there now?

I think that looks pretty good the races that are lacking get a little buff and the power races get a minor nerf.

Makes more sense to me to give gnomes int over agi (so they are the half orc of casters meaning they should hit hard but be somewhat glass cannon). Also gives the races a bit more diversity but maybe thats not the idea? I think agi is more of a defensive buff over offensive which im my mind means a bit less action.

Basically all these changes besides dwarf/goblin mean more defensive. its already pretty rough pvp people stay alive pretty long and can be hard to take down people in pvp (Its near impossible in 1v1).

Not to go totally off topic but I think some of this stems from int not having a huge impact. I think its the reason we are seeing dwarf clerics and paladins do so well the healing amount and even damage amount isnt that huge per point. I mean you can get +180-240hp and at 17int compared to 20int and only lose what 30-40 healing hp on aid? maybe 10-12hp on a paladin per heal?

just my 2 cents either way stuff looks pretty good.

Return to “Archive Chat”