Druid/Elder Druid

anthriel

Re: Druid/Elder Druid

Postby anthriel » Tue May 16, 2017 12:10 am

Adramelk wrote:Yeah idk how I feel about that either. Call me biased as a Slayer main. But I play a lot of Druid as well. I would be more interested in a pet for the Druid than being able to cast FF while morph'd that could totally change the balance in just about ANY group fight or 1v1. Especially if they can FF multiple times in events. It would make them the automatic go to class.

Edit note: As another suggestion. What about a /forage command? I'm this big ass Bear or Cat creature right? Why can't I eat some tree saplings for mana or dig around into a fallen tree trunk for grubs and health?

As someone who is a Druid main and loves Druids I prolly don't think it's necessary to have them be able to cast anything during morph ... Of course being able to FF in morph would be a great benefit to them but I'd rather see more nuanced developments for them - such as a pet like Adramelk suggested (it's annoying to solo level them), a skill to either track or break track while morphed, or perhaps most of all a tweak to bear form and /roar so it's actually useful for something (let's face it, pretty much no one uses bear in pvp or pve)

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue May 16, 2017 3:32 am

Bear form should be stronger and tougher than cat form.
Cat form should be more agile/quicker.
I still find it strange that the cat forms are stronger than the bear form.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 7:06 am

daedroth wrote:Bear form should be stronger and tougher than cat form.
Cat form should be more agile/quicker.
I still find it strange that the cat forms are stronger than the bear form.

Well I can readjust the FF thing.

In any case bear was meant to be the tank, and cat the dps. Forage and other things like that have already been talked about. I don't think /roar is generally bad as it is something to soak up DPS for your team. Maybe it's just that alot of areas you don't really 'need' a tank right now.

For pets, it's kind of up in the air on that, I don't really think they need one. Unless we rework bear form as a pet would obsolete the tank form and DPS wise I think they're pretty OK. With a proper weapon they're just under cavaliers in cat form. Bear form could have some reworking for damage/etc but I still think it has its uses.

I'm not sure how I feel about splitting up AGI and STR and nixing the tank idea. If that was the case it would be bear with higher damage, no agi gain or -1,-2 agi, vs a cat with a decent amount of agi points with a middle ground damage boost. Then I could see the pet being something.

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue May 16, 2017 7:14 am

Even if pets for druid was allowed, the chr if the pet modifier

How many druid went 10 chr? Lol

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 7:15 am

Styx wrote:Even if pets for druid was allowed, the chr if the pet modifier

How many druid went 10 chr? Lol

It's still a damage soaker. Just like all pets.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue May 16, 2017 9:31 am

If you make that FF change I suggest allowing hiding class to hide while FF'd to balance it out, otherwise elders are simply too strong. But I think it's just not needed anyway, my opinion.

Cat form is stronger because STR is the damage modifier, it's not for lore reasons lol. Sometimes things need to not make sense in a realistic way for them to work in the game environment. If Bear form did more damage and also took less damage why would anyone ever use cat?
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 am

Folder wrote:... Cat form is stronger because STR is the damage modifier, it's not for lore reasons lol. Sometimes things need to not make sense in a realistic way for them to work in the game environment. If Bear form did more damage and also took less damage why would anyone ever use cat?

Because bear would have less agility, get him more and hit things less often. Sorta dwarf vs ling I guess.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Tue May 16, 2017 11:13 am

I'm all for making bear form the dominate form. This is just because I like the bear form better. That being said, please do not split up the stats. It would make elders a not so good at anything class I think. Cat form is the only form that stands a chance in pvp, and even that loses more often than not. If you change anything keep the cat like it is and give the bear the same str. This would be a tradeoff of agi for end/ac but make them both useful. You could even modify the end/ac gain to be lower if you felt that would be too good.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue May 16, 2017 3:30 pm

On the topic of druids is there any point not to make an elemental druid atm?

Unmorph Cat Bear
Str 14 31.99 27.493
Agi 19 22.78 21.596
Ac 38 78 104
End 20 20 23.0336

Pretty much the best in every aspect (since agi doesnt matter much atm). As a player im not sure why id make anything besides an elemental.

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue May 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Already nerfed dwarf , which race you want ? There will always be something on top, that's why people don't make lings any cause the Dodge got needed so no point to make lings. Unless it's for role play name value

BTW gnome is 2nd in dammage but has better agility. But since agi changes of ling vs high str eh you know

Return to “Archive Chat”