Druid/Elder Druid

Folder

Re: Druid/Elder Druid

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:42 pm

You're misunderstanding me on the knight thing. Knights are very strong, dps or tank. I'm saying you don't have to spec them differently to do either role, you simply change gear. It's not worth dropping all that chr to +1 str or agi on a knight to be a dps knight, it makes no sense mathematically unless you are wanting to fulfill a VERY niche role.

If we want there to be 3 types of druids that's fine, but there needs to be defined ways to spec them to get the appropriate benefits for each role. I'd also argue that you want each spec to feel strong at what it does. We don't really want druids to be super awesome in kitty form but just sorta meh at bear, right? Or if we want them to be some kind of caster thing with summons and charms that's an entirely different class almost, and should require a different spec layout.

edit: I think the summons/charms/caster thing is pretty much a new class and it would be hard to balance out existing druids to fulfill that role. It's too different than what they are now.
<Silhouette>

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Folder wrote:You're misunderstanding me on the knight thing. Knights are very strong, dps or tank. I'm saying you don't have to spec them differently to do either role, you simply change gear. It's not worth dropping all that chr to +1 str or agi on a knight to be a dps knight, it makes no sense mathematically unless you are wanting to fulfill a VERY niche role.

If we want there to be 3 types of druids that's fine, but there needs to be defined ways to spec them to get the appropriate benefits for each role. I'd also argue that you want each spec to feel strong at what it does. We don't really want druids to be super awesome in kitty form but just sorta meh at bear, right? Or if we want them to be some kind of caster thing with summons and charms that's an entirely different class almost, and should require a different spec layout.

edit: I think the summons/charms/caster thing is pretty much a new class and it would be hard to balance out existing druids to fulfill that role. It's too different than what they are now.

I am not misunderstanding but there is a big difference in 15 charisma and 20 even. Knights -need- charisma for taunt and the DR to be worthwhile. Upping combat stats (or wis for pvp) would make it worth it to someone who wants to dps in plate, after all everybody wants to play their characters how they wish to..not all of us are min-maxers :). It is just as possibile to fill a niche role, just like it would be for druids right? Since Bear takes a charisma investment. I agree about the summons thing and it seems like it'd be a lot of issues balancing because pets are already insane as hell! Against charm myself, but I'd like to see it on chanters maybe!

Are you implying then that he normalize taunt and give them a great taunt for no charisma? Doesn't seem like it'd be fair to knights since they have to invest in it to actually have good taunt, plus they don't get the natural armor and stats bears do. Druids are a good kind of "all-arounder" class I thought?

edit: If its a gear thing then maybe there could be different types of armor or claws or something? I don't know. I personally don't see a problem with how things are right now on them other than against them getting Charm but that's just me. The high level claws/blunt weapons too but it mostly seems pretty sweet.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Actually, I don't suppose a list of the forms that the various divs turn into could be affixed to the first page? Just would be nice to know for people. I am not too bothered I will probably have my druid levelled sometime in 2020.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Earth - Lion/Brown Bear
Ice - Lynx/Polar Bear
Lightning - Cheetah/Panda Bear
Night - Panther/Black Bear
Fire - Tiger/RED BEAR.

I don't know the bear for fire or earth to be honest but I'm just making assumptions. Mountain Bear for fire maybe? lmao.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:11 am

Honzo wrote:Earth - Lion/Brown Bear
Ice - Lynx/Polar Bear
Lightning - Cheetah/Panda Bear
Night - Panther/Black Bear
Fire - Tiger/RED BEAR.

I don't know the bear for fire or earth to be honest but I'm just making assumptions. Mountain Bear for fire maybe? lmao.

Cheers Honzo.
Anyone able to fill the blanks?
Also can the appropriate person add this to the starting comment on this thread please :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 am

Fire is a sun bear I believe. No idea for earth, sorry.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 am

When are the rest of the magic spells for druid comming into game ? Plant call and boire

With the updates can some show what morph we are now getting for each race. The whole morph bonus changed.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Druids will be able to cast FF in morph for 50% more MP. (30MP instead of 20MP). Any form next update.

Eld

Postby Eld » Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Druids will be able to cast FF in morph for 50% more MP. (30MP instead of 20MP). Any form next update.

I'm really concerned by that change, in effect it's going to be a huge nerf for slayers.
Elders are already pretty good as they are?

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Mon May 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Yeah idk how I feel about that either. Call me biased as a Slayer main. But I play a lot of Druid as well. I would be more interested in a pet for the Druid than being able to cast FF while morph'd that could totally change the balance in just about ANY group fight or 1v1. Especially if they can FF multiple times in events. It would make them the automatic go to class.

Edit note: As another suggestion. What about a /forage command? I'm this big ass Bear or Cat creature right? Why can't I eat some tree saplings for mana or dig around into a fallen tree trunk for grubs and health?

Return to “Archive Chat”