Druid/Elder Druid

Reckqq

Druid/Elder Druid

Postby Reckqq » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Healer - Druid - Elder Druid

Spells and Features
Curel - Cleric, Druid, and Paladin Spell - Obtained at level 1 (higher for Paladins), costs 5 mana
A minor healing spell, Curel allows the caster to cure minor wounds that have been inflicted on the recipient.

Those who walk closely with their god gain the ability to heal the wounded. Curel restores a small portion of health to the target, usually between 30 and 100 hit points, depending on the caster's level, intelligence and class. Druids and Paladins tend to have a stronger effect with Curel since Clerics have other more powerful healing tools to rely on and have not refined Curel as the other guilds have. Even so, it is still a weak healing spell.

Ray - Cleric and Druid Spell - Obtained at level 5?, costs 5 mana
A potent attack spell, Ray allows a healer to focus a single beam of powerful energy at their opponent.

Ray is a weak offensive spell, allowing the caster to cast a powerful ray of their god's energy at their target. Force of the attack ranges in power based on the caster's intelligence, up to 108 points of damage with 22 intelligence.

Venin - Cleric, Druid and Paladin Spell - Obtained at level 5? (higher for Paladins), costs 40 mana
This basic spell is learnable by all healers. It soothes away any poison that is inflicted upon the body.

Rumored to have been developed by the Druids, after they had perfected the art of brewing amethyst potions, Venin clears the targets body of all poisons.

Nouritu - Druid Spell - Obtained at level 9, casting cost 5 mana
This useful spell is most beneficial to those lacking food or the means to get food. It is a basic spell, but a must have for all druids.

Nouritu instantly relieves the target of hunger, just as consuming rations or other foodstuffs would.

Boire
Boire - Druid Spell - Obtained at level 11, casting cost 5 mana
This useful spell is most beneficial to those lacking drink or the means to get drink. It is a basic spell, but a must have for all druids.

Boire instantly relieves the target of thirst, just as drinking from a waterskin or some other drink would.

Haste

Haste - Druid Spell - Obtained at level 9, casting cost 40 mana
This spell has the power to hasten the caster's movements, allowing them to attack more quickly, and making them harder to hit.

Haste temporarily increases the reaction time of the target. They gain one more attack for the duration of the spell, and their armor count is increased by 15 points. Contrary to what one might believe, it does not decrease exhaust time or increase agility.

Haste and the Sorceror spell Stoneskin can cause strange effects when used together. Casting Haste on someone who has Stoneskin currently in effect on them will only give a 5 ac bonus, while casting Stoneskin on someone who is "Hasted" will give the full 15 ac bonus.

Charm
Charm - Druid Spell - Obtained at level 9, casting cost 30 mana
The charm spell relies on a casters own inner beauty and charisma to influence it's target under control.

Known for their affinity with all that is wild, Druids have gained some skill in bringing untamed monsters under their control. Charm has the same effect as a Ranger's taming ability, bringing a creature under the will of the caster. Note: Charm is currently not very effective, and cause strange things to happen to your exhaust time and uses a lot of mana. It is hoped that it will be more effective at higher levels.

Faeriefire - Druid Spell - Obtained at level 9, casting cost 25 mana
One should never underestimate the power a peaceful-seeming Druid may possess. This spell has been the undoing of many unfortunate would-be assassins and thieves.

One of the more useful defensive spells a Druid has available, faeriefire causes the target to be wreathed in harmless purple flames. The flames reduce the Armor Count of the effected by 15 points for the duration of the spell. In addition, the glow of the flames makes sneaking and hiding impossible. Sapphire potions provide immunity to faeriefire.

Plantcall
- Druid Spell - Obtained at level 9, casting cost 50 mana
Druids have many uses for this basic summoning spell. Travels can be much safer when one has company, or perhaps the journey has been a long dreary one, and you need someone to talk to. Then again, there's always a need for firewood...

An awesome spell, plantcall calls forth on a Druid's role as protector of nature, animating the very trees around them to aid in their fight. The tree will attack for the druid and submit to his or her commands just as any tamed creature would. The type of tree called depends on the location when the spell is cast. The druid must be in a region with trees for the spell to work. Casting plantcall on the island of Vetra will bring prickly Cacti, in the Moors whipping Cypruss trees are summoned, and great Pine trees come when called in the mountains.

Animorph
Animorph - Druid Spell - Obtained at level 9, casting cost 60 mana
Druids use this powerful spell only in times of mortal danger. Shape-shifting requires a good deal of energy, however, the restorative benefits may well be worth the cost.

One of the most powerful and useful of the Druids spells, animorph allows the druid to take on the soul and abilities of an animal. The form is that of a totem symbolizing the caster's divinity. While in animal form, the Druid cannot cast spells but is able to attack with great skill, receiving a bonus to strength, agility, and armor count, as well as being restored to full health when the spell is cast. The amount of bonus is based directly upon the caster's wisdom. See the Statistic Guide for more detailed information on stat bonuses, and the Divinity Guide for information on which animal form is associated with each divinity.
:evil: TJ Lethal :twisted:

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Druid/Elder Druid

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Up for talks:

A. Should morphing fully heal you? Maybe someone has a better idea on this?

B. Curel should probably be nerfed to what it used to be, a curel spell and not a vanos (or something similar). Yes?

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Morphin think should be full heal but cure needs to be cured not vanos.

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:06 pm

I think morphing should fully heal you. Curel should be small, not a huge gain. I personally think the time you're changed should be longer though.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:36 am

I think elders were pretty balanced in rok. They were top tier fighting class when morphed and very vulnerable when not.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 am

Mujahideen wrote:I think elders were pretty balanced in rok. They were top tier fighting class when morphed and very vulnerable when not.

Agreed. solo and without a healer they pretty much stand no chance against anyone Unmorphed. Even when morphed they needed a healer if fighting more than 1.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 am

Yeah balance wise the Elder was actually pretty decent. I thought they faired well anyways. I think most of the issue when it came to elders was the actual race, not the class. Humans were best (or near best) with MR and also had a ton of extra HP for no reason at all but 'just cause'.

Eyxom

Postby Eyxom » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:08 pm

I agree. I've played Druids since day one. I think they were balanced well. They were vulnerable unmorphed but could hold their own when they were.

The limiting factors on Elders were always the class and the last recent rendition saw humans being best because of the hp bonus. I think the races were more of a limiting factor than the class itself. I wouldn't touch it much.
"Now I have become Death, destroyer of worlds." - Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:28 am

At the moment this is how I am working on them:

Two forms, cat and bear. These values below are at level 25, and will scale with your level. When I say X2 damage, the actual damage before morph has already been modified to compensate for this. This is based on 20 wisdom, lower or higher will change it a little. The reason why they get high values as well is becuase I am avoiding hidden stats like damage modifiers. More fun this way :P In general they'll have about 25 armor baseline when not morphed (I believe).

Cat form (more like a ninja w/ 4 attacks (damage is higher though.) bar the MR and such...):
(20 wisdom)
+20 strength (With 20 strength character it's double damage.)
+3 agi
+32 armor

(17 wisdom)
+17 strength
+2 agi
+27 armor

(22 wisdom)
+22 strength
+4 agi
+35 armor

--------------

Bear form (relates to more a knight):
(20 wisdom)
+15 strength (With 20 strength it's 75% more damage)
+52 armor
+3 endurance (~210HP)
+5 spell damage negation (not resist)

(17 wisdom)
+12 strength (With 20 strength it's 75% more damage)
+47 armor
+1 endurance (~70HP)
+2 spell damage negation

(22 wisdom)
+16 strength (With 20 strength it's 75% more damage)
+55 armor
+4 endurance (~280HP)
+7 spell damage negation

Values are subject to change still as the game progresses. I'd like to restate that armor doesn't work like Kaos does, read the core area for details on it. Spell damage negation absorbs some damage, but does not give you resists. Druids are looking around 70 armor with cat and 90 armor with bear.

Haste is a trival thing, however, I'm not sure weither to give it just for druids cat form (add it directly) or make it a spell that can be cast on everyone. Instead of +1 attack, your stamina bar would recharge faster... Let's say 2 seconds on self and 1 second on others. 2 seconds is the equivalent of 1 attack after a few minutes. It's easier to balance too since I can add half a second, or 1.5 of a second, etc.

--

Oh one big thing. They only gain 25% health on morph. Can be subject for change too (Maybe 50%), But I thought 25% is pretty healthy.

Aieron

Postby Aieron » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:13 pm

I've played way too much WoW, but it'd be neat to differentiate healers a bit by having a 'heal over time' spell for perhaps druids. It'd function similar to the food you have in-game already, so I don't think it'd be too challenging to add. :>

Return to “Archive Chat”