Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

How should we have assassins with dual wielding?

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2016 5:49 am

As it is, give them an extra attack.
38%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.5x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to min/max
19%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.0x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to max
42%

Total votes: 26
dunky

Re: Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

Postby dunky » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:33 pm

It kinda seems people don't understand that for someone to fix a problem they need to know what is broken. Specifics, not just vague ramblings. Keep the logs from battles you have at the very least, that might shine some light on it in a way you can't actually put into words yourself. You can change the amount of text the client logs in the Options section, so that way you'll always have it.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:49 am

Yeh, it hard to help with any kind of problem if you are vague (trust me - vagueness is my speciality). The more details you can give the better.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:02 am

Something that might help without a huge nerf would be upping the fizzle chance on certain big healing spells. This way you might only connect with 3 or even 2 on a bad round.

Another thing might be more dot spells (so they waste heals) and even a class or 2 getting a silence skill or spell that lasted a few seconds.

Seems like lots could be done but yea data and more testing is probably needed.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:16 am

Lateralus wrote:Something that might help without a huge nerf would be upping the fizzle chance on certain big healing spells. This way you might only connect with 3 or even 2 on a bad round.

Another thing might be more dot spells (so they waste heals) and even a class or 2 getting a silence skill or spell that lasted a few seconds.

I disagree with this. It makes the spell feel weak.

If you want 3 heals per round successful, or 2 even on a bad round, then the average healing should be around 250-300 per round, not fizzle. You will make the player feel more special if they heal every round rather then chance fizzle. Plus if you up it that high theres a high chance of full fizzle rounds. People would be so flustered. :P

Again once I get the server stable we will balance healing spells though. Or maybe in between fixing it.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:04 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Lateralus wrote:Something that might help without a huge nerf would be upping the fizzle chance on certain big healing spells. This way you might only connect with 3 or even 2 on a bad round.

I disagree with this. It makes the spell feel weak.

If you want 3 heals per round successful, or 2 even on a bad round, then the average healing should be around 250-300 per round, not fizzle. You will make the player feel more special if they heal every round rather then chance fizzle. Plus if you up it that high theres a high chance of full fizzle rounds. People would be so flustered. :P

Again once I get the server stable we will balance healing spells though. Or maybe in between fixing it.

I agree with NH on this. However, I want to ask a REAL important question that hopefully YOU know the answers to. What is "INSERT CLASSES" FANTASY? Before changes are made back and forth and back and forth it's a good idea to know what you want EACH class to do, their role, etc. Otherwise we end up with class imbalance like everyone making monks *coughs* :) I will actually go ahead and volunteer to help out with the Wiki and stuff to get the CORRECT information out there. I just know that people would be disappointed with leveling a healer just to fizzle or NOT be able to heal.

I think Lat is right though, a silence or some kind of DoT spell(cough necros, bard, whoever else) would be great. That being said, it shouldn't feel PUNISHING to play a certain class either for not having a dot or whatever. That's where the class fantasy and role specifics come to mind. I've seen MUDs that are extremely convoluted and it takes away from the fun. Part of the charm this game has, which RoK also had, is it's simplicity to understand and just naturally fun mechanics.

You don't want to end up with a game where you HAVE to counter this/that to be viable, or attack their head once and left arm twice to disable! Keep it simple but make -smart- balance decisions. You might also consider not having certain counters to things so that it can HELP define a role. For instance, only Necros can get DoTs which would give them a way to combat healers, which would make them more desirable than SORCS which have more dmg burst but LESS control.

Just my 2c. :)

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Since the wipe I have been watchin assassin's and now slayers play the game but instead of giving them a backstab bonus for an extra dagger we take away the ability to backstab while using two daggers but instead give them 2 extra stamina and a Hit rate increase so they could be more of a squishy dps in parties. Could also make them class specific daggers that can't be used with shields so they gain 2 stam.

When I think of a assassin with 2 daggers trying to kill me I don't think of him trying to stab me to kill me hut slashing me quickly so I will bleed out. On the flip side you can still get equipment to be used for backstab situations like pking and Moshes. Just a idea another game I played used and I thought was a neat feature.

Return to “Archive Chat”