No
48%

Total votes: 23
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Is 24 STR too much on Half-Orcs

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Pretty easy ask.

Is 24 STR too much on half orcs? With 25 STR (+1), OAD weapon (brill) with 4% ember and DW'ing, they deal around 601-748 damage. Which is probably high. 24 STR with the same above values is 577-718. Still high but it does help.

Obviously I know it's scury to lose STR if we do modify, but I'm trying to see what people think for the sake of proper balance in this game so that all races are useful. I still see 24 STR being useful, but I am feeling like 25 STR is just too high.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Is 24 STR too much on Half-Orcs

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:50 pm

I am also interested if you said yes, if so why you don't think it is.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:56 pm

I don't think so. I do not think currently Half Orcs are overpowered, my experience of fighting them is fair.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:00 pm

I feel the gap between sauri and orc is too wide when deciding slayer class. I obviously have a sauri slayer but it's because of nostalgia. But had I not mained a sauri previously my choice would have been orc for the giant damage. Yes, agi, I know, but in the hit or miss slayer game, when you do land that stab, do you want to dink? Or DONK! This also comes from me waiting for an orc slayer to be finished being leveled by someone so I do have an interest on both sides of the fight. I vote 23 (24 +1).

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes probably too much. -OR- the issue is STR scaling. Same thing in the end but orc slayers and zerkers are pretty intense.

Orc slayers in particular, I mean. God damn sometimes lol. It does make interesting gameplay in a way but yeah it does "feel" a bit much at times.

I say this as I am lvling an orc barb fyi.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Folder wrote:Yes probably too much. -OR- the issue is STR scaling. Same thing in the end but orc slayers and zerkers are pretty intense.

Orc slayers in particular, I mean. God damn sometimes lol. It does make interesting gameplay in a way but yeah it does "feel" a bit much at times.

I say this as I am lvling an orc barb fyi.

I mean the obvious change if that was the case to change the formula would be that 24str is like current 25str now. Though that hurts all races too, just to state. (obviously lower str is less hit).

I guess you could increase the min too but then obviously per point of STR matters less. Already it's only around 10 damage with the zerkers per STR.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:06 pm

I meant more along the lines of the diffence between 18 and 24 str is pretty vast. Whether the answer is to remove a str or change the way str scales (which also affects power buffs) is similar.

I would never consider a slayer with under 20 str, as an example. That isn't necessarily 100% game breaking but that is how we are set up atm.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:09 pm

personally, it depends i didnt vote. 748 damage is 1 hell of a smash. if you completely ignored magic i dont think half orc loses enough melee statistics to warrant that power. i still feel like there should be a 24 spot for every stat however chr etc doesnt fit past 23. i tend to think a loss of an agility and endurance point would fit horc better balance wise.

plenty of classes/races have nil magic resistance. having 22 end makes it not matter near as much as a saurian or ranger etc. its not a real deterant like having melee penalties for that power.

dwarves should be the hardiest melee unit, not shared with horc. dwarves also sit at 19 agility, i dont feel like they sac enough melee stats for the extra ac and huge resilience to damage across the board. perhaps dwarf needs an agility and wis penalty 19 on both, and horc should be 23 18 21 15 15 15 and dwarf likewise sit at 21 18 23 17 19 16.

overall i lean a little towards yes, but that being said, id hate for you to have to undo it later if 10 magic classes existed.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:19 pm

+3 str in any other race?

You may leave it as it is, but -1 agi, they are big and slow.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Agreed it is not black and white omg nerf orcs they killin everythang. In a way I think they make a case for using chanters and sap which is great.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”