Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 23
Terron

Re: Is 24 STR too much on Half-Orcs

Postby Terron » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 am

i meant that as a good thing. i mean yeah its low odds. but i bet a gnome melee fighting a horc melee is even lower odds. gnome melee is likewise mostly immune to wizardry. round and round, part of the fun.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:17 am

What the hell are you guys talking about?

Who said slayer?

I said HOs should have a chance.

Cavs, zerkers, ninjas, all of them.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:24 am

they do, it isnt a chanters fault you didnt pick 14 wisdom 20 agi or even 15 wisdom. i mean that would definitely increase your odds. even if it is impractical

i think the underlying idea is for you to excel with a broader base of characters opposed to making everything have high chance to succeed

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Dan wrote:What the hell are you guys talking about?

Who said slayer?

I said HOs should have a chance.

Cavs, zerkers, ninjas, all of them.

I think we're all on the same page here. Orcs need their STR because magic hurts them badly, if they lose that STR advantage (and magic becomes more popular) then people would just stick to higher MR / higher AGI races.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:31 pm

I think option 19 as nitehawk posted should help solve this a bit. With that option you are going to have to choose either 25 19 22 10 12 10 (25str and 12wis) or you are going to have to give up a str to get the full 14wis.

See the problem is 22end and 14 or 13 wis isnt exactly chanter food. thats atleast 3 maybe up to 5 rounds that it takes to kill you. In that time you are getting 6-10 backstabs off and only need to hit 2. You actually stand a pretty good chance at winning with how the magic pen works. Dropping them a pool points helps this a bit.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:42 pm

i can see man's point tho. 6-10 "backstab"'s isnt exactly a half orc problem.

essentially backstab hits 4x for 1 attack roll, meanwhile a barb, monk or cav have to overcome 4 separate attack rolls. i know the damage potentials are different for each class, but you see that single swat attackers have to basically overcome a casters superior agility 4x as often. in a perfect round a slayer hits 8x metaphorically.

i think the str doesnt need lowered because its a misplaced bi-product of the backstab skill. horc is just the scapegoat because of the high damage and because goats are cuter than horcs.

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Lateralus wrote:See the problem is 22end and 14 or 13 wis isnt exactly chanter food. thats atleast 3 maybe up to 5 rounds that it takes to kill you. In that time you are getting 6-10 backstabs off and only need to hit 2. You actually stand a pretty good chance at winning with how the magic pen works. Dropping them a pool points helps this a bit.

If that 22 END and 14 or 13 is really a good fight against a caster, and a 12- is probably dead, then i would agree with the changes.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:12 am

Dan wrote:
Lateralus wrote:See the problem is 22end and 14 or 13 wis isnt exactly chanter food. thats atleast 3 maybe up to 5 rounds that it takes to kill you. In that time you are getting 6-10 backstabs off and only need to hit 2. You actually stand a pretty good chance at winning with how the magic pen works. Dropping them a pool points helps this a bit.

If that 22 END and 14 or 13 is really a good fight against a caster, and a 12- is probably dead, then i would agree with the changes.

I am not saying its really good but im saying lower wis plus agi mattering more plus pretty much all caster races getting a small hp bonus does even things out a bit and if it doesnt we can always make adjustments. Look this is coming from someone who has 0 half orcs so its not like im sticking up for them because i want my stuff to be good i just think we need to let all the other adjustments play out a bit before we nerf harder.

Return to “Archive Chat”