pet protect

Terron

pet protect

Postby Terron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:24 pm

does this have a massive penalty versus players?
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: pet protect

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:20 am

nop

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:36 am

Not sure what you mean?
The Pet just acts as a guardian with an x% of taking the hit meant to the player, as far as i know
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:39 am

I think he's refering about the pvp aspect of the Ranger pet. Ie, player x attacks Ranger y, will pet protect ranger y (like a /protect guardian skill)

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:17 am

What i mean is with pet protect of 20 % it should be absorbing one out of five attacks. It doesn't seem to happen near that often. 1v1 it seldom even does 1/5. 6v6 it never does

Infac after 15 or so group fights about 3 hours of carnage i have never seen a pet protect my stalker from more than 1 target in a volley

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 am

I'll give it a check but I didnt' experience any issues with it when it was added. What character/pet.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:53 am

krarg/mosquito 19.6% protect with its equipment.

side note - ive seen a few stalkers with pets that identify says are untamable. Are your capture options limited by chr? or just the percentage to succeed?

second note - arrows don't really critical that often, is there anyway to make critical percentage only affect actual hits instead of most of them ending up critical misfires... i mean i am kinda paying gold to see this and about 5/100 arrows actually succeed unless im hitting level 15- monsters.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:25 am

Terron wrote:krarg/mosquito 19.6% protect with its equipment.

side note - ive seen a few stalkers with pets that identify says are untamable. Are your capture options limited by chr? or just the percentage to succeed?

second note - arrows don't really critical that often, is there anyway to make critical percentage only affect actual hits instead of most of them ending up critical misfires... i mean i am kinda paying gold to see this and about 5/100 arrows actually succeed unless im hitting level 15- monsters.

Not sure what you mean, nothing is limited by charisma in terms of what you can capture only the %. Level is the only really thing and the type of mob. Other peoples pet's aren't tamable though so it's going to show untamable at the moment if you identify someone elses pet. Level isn't a factor when identifying though. I can probably fix that, maybe, show it displays based on the monster itself regardless if it's already captured. Or at least show something different.

Arrows are really cheap for that reason. But 15% of 1000 attacks or 15% of 100 successful attacks are still going to give you the same amount of critical, only that you don't see the missed critical chances. At the moment it wouldn't be possible easily anyways since it's script based right now though.

Inverno

Postby Inverno » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 am

I have the same perception. With 20.2%, my Mosquito doesnt seens to protect me anything near 1/5 hits.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 am

no i mean a stalker ingame says to me hey yeren are taunt 4 go get you one (he has them)

so i get all my gems around and it says u cant capture that, i get identify scroll and the wild version says untameable

arrow thing - what i mean is say my hit rate is 40% that means 15% critical is 15/100 but i miss 9 of those criticals leaving in actuality a 6% critical rate. its almost non existent when attacking a crazy armored oad boss or super agi monster because they are all dodged or absorbed/blocked anyway

arrows are cheap but are also expensive considering all other classes that get critical with non bows get it for free. "brigs pay double" yeah they do but can get a weeks supply of arrow gold in 1-2 rounds of stealing. barbs dont have to pay gold every swing to keep their scythe extra sharp lawl
Last edited by Terron on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Archive Chat”