Altering necromancer

Styx

Altering necromancer

Postby Styx » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 pm

I'd like to entertain the idea of a necro being a summoner class, necro was tradionally a follower of the undead and blood magic.

Therefor I propose a necro being evil in alignment to follow such a path

Sacrifice - spell to sacrifice your life (-x health), and does more damage against a foe. (This is like Leech, but you loose health and if it hits it does equal damage as a sorc blast spell, with the benefit of extra healing to make up the difference.

Lifetap - sacrifice life and heals another party member (yes the spell name was from dnd books, but this will give an added bonus as a necro in a party to heal others.

i like the the vein spells, but as you heal others to heal/mana, then the necro in turn looses life/energy. the healing needed can be offset by the leech spell.

ghoul (insert favorite undead monster here), Zombies are kewl pets, lets face it, for the sheer name of its being, but at level 25 an elite spell for major undead summoning would be useful

and reflecting upon the summon spirit, for summoner class, yes very good ideas, but id say if we did a +2 agi etc for the pet, then the necro looses the agi instead.

Perhaps set it up, so the undead does magic based dammage? like rot etc

Updated upon what was posted below, plz add to thoughts and ideas?

Terron

Re: Altering necromancer

Postby Terron » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:56 am

I wouId love a summoner class but, like necro the way it is a weak mage with utility debuffs and slight heals.

i spend most of my time on a necro. the only problems i see with them is mana consumption while training/farming/casual use. the damage is really low in comparison to a sorc/chanter and you don't save that many potions in comparison. the only other thing i dislike is the randomness of magic. melee is far more steady, you don't log on a 22 agi warrior and miss 30x in a row or hit 30 in a row either for that matter. magic does this a fair bit too often. last thing is necros became chanter food after losing mr bonus. i went from beating every chanter i fought with my dm to losing every time so far, im pretty sure i would need div to stand a chance.

what if this was offered to druids instead? lets say at level 14 you can buy morph or pet skills(not both)

Pet skills level 14 -
druid could have a 20% bonus to pet stats
druid pets get -1 exhaust
druid pets get +1 taunt
a 50% bonus to pet protect (20% on stalker would be 30% on druid)

at level 19 druid gains access to vine companions (these are very low hp summons that assist slightly but die easily)
vine 1 - poison vine - incurs a small DoT poison attack against foes
vine 2 - blood vine - party gains +10 hp per tick
vine 3 - essence vine - party gains +2 mana per tick

at level 22 druid gains a spirit summon to boost his pet. (medium hits/high mana cost)
spirit 1 - adds 2 endurance to the druid and 5 hp per level to the pet
spirit 2 - adds 2 strength to the druid and 20% melee damage to the pet
spirit 3 - adds 2 int to the druid and 20% magic damage output to the pet

basically the class has the pet as a main source of damage, can dabble in intellect for pet heals/ray or str for melee but wouldnt excel at anything.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:26 pm

I feel like they use too much mana.

A skill that trade life for mana would be good, and fit the class.

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Blood magic so evil, so much like a necromancer...

Sacrifice life to gain main

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:13 am

Terron wrote:I wouId love a summoner class but, like necro the way it is a weak mage with utility debuffs and slight heals.

i spend most of my time on a necro. the only problems i see with them is mana consumption while training/farming/casual use. the damage is really low in comparison to a sorc/chanter and you don't save that many potions in comparison. the only other thing i dislike is the randomness of magic. melee is far more steady, you don't log on a 22 agi warrior and miss 30x in a row or hit 30 in a row either for that matter. magic does this a fair bit too often. last thing is necros became chanter food after losing mr bonus. i went from beating every chanter i fought with my dm to losing every time so far, im pretty sure i would need div to stand a chance.

what if this was offered to druids instead? lets say at level 14 you can buy morph or pet skills(not both)

Pet skills level 14 -
druid could have a 20% bonus to pet stats
druid pets get -1 exhaust
druid pets get +1 taunt
a 50% bonus to pet protect (20% on stalker would be 30% on druid)

at level 19 druid gains access to vine companions (these are very low hp summons that assist slightly but die easily)
vine 1 - poison vine - incurs a small DoT poison attack against foes
vine 2 - blood vine - party gains +10 hp per tick
vine 3 - essence vine - party gains +2 mana per tick

at level 22 druid gains a spirit summon to boost his pet. (medium hits/high mana cost)
spirit 1 - adds 2 endurance to the druid and 5 hp per level to the pet
spirit 2 - adds 2 strength to the druid and 20% melee damage to the pet
spirit 3 - adds 2 int to the druid and 20% magic damage output to the pet

basically the class has the pet as a main source of damage, can dabble in intellect for pet heals/ray or str for melee but wouldnt excel at anything.

I had class variants idea a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=321&hilit=class+variant

This was the kind of thing I meant it for.
Some other examples: Rangers can become as normal Rangers or Archers, where they discard pet use and go full bow masters.
You could even have Thief and Assassin as different choices on the Rogue path, at 8th level they choose thief or assassin or something else.
Etc etc.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:26 pm

yeah its something that would add a little variance and flavor for sure. pally could choose heal power or a more zealot type forsaking shields for 2 handers or something. knights could sacrifice heavy armor for light and gain a stamina :O . brigands could go full thief and actually get steal attempts to take items from players. (i.e /pickpocket static crystal/name)

anyway would be cool for sure
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”