Caster damage & weapon scaling

CGI

Caster damage & weapon scaling

Postby CGI » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Curious whether the incoming update will deal with caster damage properly scaling with weapon AD? Every other class is currently incentivized to upgrade their weapons to max their damage output, but caster damage is essentially the same whether it’s with a lvl 1 or 400pp staff. I forget the formula but if I remember correctly weapon AD has basically <1% impact on damage. Thanks.

Terron

Re: Caster damage & weapon scaling

Postby Terron » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:07 pm

mages with 2 handers :D

weapons adding damage to spells is a bit wonky imo.
spells in general are targeted on this game so youd figure agi could "dodge" them. willpower(wisdom) is more of a stat of shrugging off the blow. sorta inline with how high endurance works versus melee hits.

i would think caster weapons should have different statistics. like (+hit rate, lower fizzles, +pierce vs enemies will, +duration, etc)

best case scenario, imo, is like caster int working like agi for hit rate and vs enemies agi. spell hits or misses. if it hits damage/debuff duration is determined by how crappy their wisdom is. low wis gets hit harder than high wis. like alot higher.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:36 pm

CGI wrote:Curious whether the incoming update will deal with caster damage properly scaling with weapon AD? Every other class is currently incentivized to upgrade their weapons to max their damage output, but caster damage is essentially the same whether it’s with a lvl 1 or 400pp staff. I forget the formula but if I remember correctly weapon AD has basically <1% impact on damage. Thanks.

Ive been pushing for this as well for quite a while hopefully this makes it into the next update.

Its currently possible to put spell damage on weapons however that would make humming weapons useless so I don't think that is the answer.

I am not sure what nitehawk landed on but Ideally we would drop the base damage on spells / maybe even healing? and then staff weapon power would add to that with some fun formula

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 am

It's not going into the next update. Too much stuff as it is IMO. Maybe next one. We can talk about int/wis/etc then too more.

Return to “Archive Chat”