DEATH MAGES

Lateralus

Re: DEATH MAGES

Postby Lateralus » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Yea I mean leeching for 100 (or 400 per round) sounds like a lot on paper but that’s considering you lose out on 100 damage per hit (or 400 per rounds) as well. Maybe Around 75 would be good?Something that could be tested and played around with for sure.

The souldrain or whatever on kill shot could be fun ya maybe make it whatever remaining hp there is type thing or you could even do it as overkill amount (if player has 100hp left and you hit them for 180 you get 80 hp healed). You wouldn’t need an extra spell either just whatever direct damage spell took them down.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:15 pm

its not that the fizzle rates are bad nitehawk its the fact that on a chanter side u hit 170 damage with a 24 stat, have to deal with fizzles and unaffects. or u can just play a dps and hit 210s all day and not fizzle and not need mana. atm i prefer to just zerg monsters down with huge dps cavalier swinging a 2 hander. the copious amount of potions i drink is nullified because everything dies 3x faster. it also has nothing to do with luck, this has been standard since i started playing.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

killa

Postby killa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:37 pm

good info here nice. leech to the maximum power glad we got the convo rollin

killa

Postby killa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:39 pm

not to mention after the armor nerf and leech nerf oading is almost impossible now. you used to carry mostly mana. now you split it and you run out of one or the other (cavs at least) its stupid. theres no purpose for the class anymore.

killa

Postby killa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm

There was nothing wrong with them before. People who complained just didnt play DMs. Restore them to how they were. MAYBE make armor 1.5x intead of keeping it the same and the 2x like everything else. otherwise nothing to fix. Nobody uses the debuffs in oads or pvp because they never take anyway!!!!!!! waste of a turn/damage

killa

Postby killa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:44 pm

+1 to lats ideas. guys iq is clearly in the low to mid 100s thats why i like em

killa

Postby killa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Maybe leech has a 1 out of 100 chance to refill your health to full and take half the enemies health. And in OAD battles that ratio gos from half the enemies health to 5%, or 10%, something TBD. And in PVP it doesnt take any more health than normal but still refills you to full. Cuz its a 1% chance to happen and all

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:06 pm

NiteHawk wrote:We could split up leech to a damage spell and a sap spell. I.E. a direct 1 to 1 spell. Hit for 50, gain 50HP. 100 damage seems high but I'm not sure. But they could get a straight up damage spell instead and then a leech. At least that way in 1vs1 combat you could probably restrict it too. But as Terron said leech was broken before. It's not really fair to be able to deal 200 damage and stay at top HP. It's something that would need more talks here though.

Reviving health per kill they get is a interesting one and would have to be thought out. It would also help them too. I would probably base it on the enemies HP and it would revive a small portion which should scale OK. I'd probably throw it for any deaths, including PVP too as it's easier to control then a 200damage leech spell.

As Lat said, 400 damage isn't really a lot per round in combat. I can see a straight 1 to 1 damage/heal would be a problem at 400 damage/health but it can be adjusted easily. I would hate to have a spell do less than ray or smite even if it did heal 100% as it wouldn't be in any way playable unless the mana cost was very low. I'd rather see it do 80~100 damage and heal for 50% since that would roughly equal a free health pot a round while doing roughly half damage of other classes.

The idea of health on kill shot is kinda cool. I can see issues with this though depending on health gained. Gaining overkill back as health is an idea but it would have to be tested as it would be really random.

Terron wrote: or u can just play a dps and hit 210s all day and not fizzle and not need mana.

This is one of the many reasons why people prefer melee classes. Chanters and DMs don't compare to melee classes in damage at all. Sure, they do well against lizard slayers... but even then they can't compete in damage output.

killa wrote:not to mention after the armor nerf and leech nerf oading is almost impossible now. you used to carry mostly mana. now you split it and you run out of one or the other (cavs at least) its stupid. theres no purpose for the class anymore.

Exactly. Try leveling a DM now... half your spots are taken up with health potions, the other half with mana. Most things at higher levels can't be killed without using at least 2 void orbs (most often more). Stepping out during the killing to drink is horrible since it can take 3+ minutes to kill a single Noxious Specter if you have to wait on food/drinks to replenish. Leveling becomes ultra slow and a massive grind unless you are part of a huge party and can just float by on their kills. Kinda feels like leveling a priest without the ability to smite undead
If you look like prey you will be eaten

killa

Postby killa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 pm

ya my horc cav hits 200s all day. what fun is just mashing a button or clicking your mouse. diversity is part of the fun of the game terron... nothing will EVER be balanced perfectly. were just saying DMS got hit too hard. lets bring them up slightly, or add something like lat said or like i said which kruell didnt mention idc id just like to have a purpose to play a DM over a beater. hack and slash is so boring

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 am

i was agreeing lol lay off the sauce. my main characters are dm and chanter yet i am never on them. its been this way forever. a chanter /old dm feels like a 1 staff ninja with 14 agility with a mana potion addiction. the death mage isnt the only class thats getting destroyed by monsters. dms by far do more damage than they did before. they kill faster by far but still suck pve.

maybe you should have voiced the other thread when 3/4 of the input was about making necros glass cannons. so far the majority of the necro players i talk to enjoy this change.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”