Current Race Modifiers

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Current Race Modifiers

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Satsujin wrote:Another thing that could help keep elves more in line is to drop their wisdom a bit. Right now they're the sexiest choice for an elder because they get max wisdom, elf racial MR, and killer agility, with minimal hit to damage over say, human or half-elf (the two most popular elder races on ROK). Bring it down to 20-21 instead of 22, they lose some of their status as best elder fodder, but are still an attractive choice.

I already lowered em to 21 wis :P

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Kruell wrote:If this were a table top RPG like D&D or Pathfinder I'd be screaming that the races aren't near balanced. You will probably need to revisit the racial abilities later. The stats can be kept the same but if one has a 102 stat distribution and another has 112 but the 112 has greater extra abilities it leads to an imbalance.

I'm forgoing ling to make an orc next to test. Seen enough lings running around so other people can test them :P

The biggest problem is that not all the classes have the same amount of stats total either. It ends up being that you'd either have to decrease the total stats but then you wont' be able to make magic classes so well, or you are running with 6 stat physical characters like saurians or HOs that don't have alot of stat points.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Anyways I'd say, for now, +1 agi, -1 end. I dont think its that bad compared to other races of the same group.

I also however say remove -1 point too, so this would be a total of -2 today which seems more fair.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 pm

itd probably be easy to implement the +/-1 but more icky with the extra -1 to stats for pre-existing characters, maybe leave them be (im not saying this coz ive got an elven army, i have 3 elves) as there is an upcoming wipe anyway?
I honestly cant think of a way to implement the extra -1 stat points on existing elfs, if there is a way however then all good.
it can off course effect new ones right away
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:12 pm

daedroth wrote:itd probably be easy to implement the +/-1 but more icky with the extra -1 to stats for pre-existing characters, maybe leave them be (im not saying this coz ive got an elven army, i have 3 elves) as there is an upcoming wipe anyway?
I honestly cant think of a way to implement the extra -1 stat points on existing elfs, if there is a way however then all good.
it can off course effect new ones right away

Narh, i just pickedone and removed it. Aimed for the most useless stat while keeping 16 chr, 20 chr , etc cause of bonuses. If it's not good, feel free to poke me. But as you said, there is going to be a wipe anyways. I'd rather have characters proper then a bit higher.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:58 am

Aye, np. I dont think ill poke you though, wife would kill me.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

nitestalker

Postby nitestalker » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:40 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Half-Orc
Maximum Stats
Strength=23
Intelligence=14
Agility=19
Endurance=22
Wisdom=14
Charisma=14
Total Usable Points=102

Spell Resistance Bonus: 0%
Replenishes 2HP per tick. (x2)
10% cooldown speed with potions and food.

How about MP should it regen at same rate as HP?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:57 am

nitestalker wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:
Half-Orc
Maximum Stats
Strength=23
Intelligence=14
Agility=19
Endurance=22
Wisdom=14
Charisma=14
Total Usable Points=102

Spell Resistance Bonus: 0%
Replenishes 2HP per tick. (x2)
10% cooldown speed with potions and food.

How about MP should it regen at same rate as HP?

No.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:35 am

I miss the MP regeneration on Horcs, but it didnt make sense (other than lazy programming).
So fairer to get rid of it.
I am more undecided about their loss of poison immunity/nightvision tbh.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:43 am

Modified for next update.

Half-Orcs: 3HP per tick (+1). 1% spell resistance (from 0%)
Goblins: 5% spell resistance (from 3%)
Saurians: 3% spell resistance (from 2%)

Added DRAKEBLOOD.

Strength=21
Intelligence=12
Agility=22
Endurance=20
Wisdom=12
Charisma=20
Stats=102

Can see in the dark.
+4 armor