Current Race Modifiers

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Current Race Modifiers

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:37 am

Here is a list of races, stats, and bonuses. It will be updated as we make modifications to the game. Spell resistance bonuses on races (and classes) only work when you have wisdom as well. It's a overall bonus of your wisdom, rather then a set bonus. It makes the stat more useful, and people whom have 10 wisdom will not be great at magic resistance (including monks!).

Info here: https://ember-online.com/helper/RacesFull.html

Lateralus

Re: Current Race Modifiers

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:14 pm

When did elves get 22wis? isnt that what kind of separated them and gnomes? I feel like since +1int isnt a huge deal like it was in rok gnomes need a little something to compete with elves as casters.

Right now its +1int on gnomes and +2end on elves

with 22 wis they are the prime choice for all casters including druids I think it should be 21 to encourage some other race uses.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Elf master race

But no, seriously, elves always got 22 wis I thought, but only 21 int unless they were willing to +1, so no one picked them over gnomes anyways. The extra health didn't make up for the hit they took to damage. Now my elf babies are the OP assholes of the game.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Lateralus wrote:When did elves get 22wis? isnt that what kind of separated them and gnomes? I feel like since +1int isnt a huge deal like it was in rok gnomes need a little something to compete with elves as casters.

with 22 wis they are the prime choice for all casters including druids I think it should be 21 to encourage some other race uses.

Why are they prime? Int effects damage, not Wisdom. It's sort of like picking a class that has +1 str over another no? Half elf, human, and similar races are close no?

like STR it's another 10 damage or so probably at level 25, or about 40-50 damage.

No, they had 21 wis before. I'm wondering if gnomes should possibly gain +1 wis, or +1 int. Int might make the damage harder to balance though. Or Elves lose -1 wis. I think elves need it to be a tad different from others though too so Gnomes could always get something as I said. Just not sure what.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:58 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Lateralus wrote:When did elves get 22wis? isnt that what kind of separated them and gnomes? I feel like since +1int isnt a huge deal like it was in rok gnomes need a little something to compete with elves as casters.

Why are they prime? Int effects damage, not Wisdom. It's sort of like picking a class that has +1 str over another no? Half elf, human, and similar races are close no?

like STR it's another 10 damage or so probably at level 25, or about 40-50 damage.

No, they had 21 wis before. I'm wondering if gnomes should possibly gain +1 wis, or +1 int. Int might make the damage harder to balance though. Or Elves lose -1 wis. I think elves need it to be a tad different from others though too so Gnomes could always get something as I said. Just not sure what.

Really thinking you should drop elves back to 21wis.

They are prime in my eyes for druid because theres no point to pick anything but that. before you might pick a gnome because they had that +1wis. You might pick a human for extra damage or a halfling for extra dodge but since elf have +2wis on them it negates all that.

As for pure casters there is still a little case for gnomes over elf but you are only gaining a few damage points and losing out on 50-60hp? gnomes also have slightly less mr.

I dont see a reason to pick anything but elf for casters (cleric,sorc,necro,druid,ranger even) as a player who is trying to make the best character.

Aieron

Postby Aieron » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 pm

How does stat scaling impact spells?

In RoK, 21 int/wis was no different than 20 int/wis, which is why elves weren't chosen much until +1'ing stats was added. It was stupid/weird having 21 essentially useless lol

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:24 am

Aieron wrote:How does stat scaling impact spells?

In RoK, 21 int/wis was no different than 20 int/wis, which is why elves weren't chosen much until +1'ing stats was added. It was stupid/weird having 21 essentially useless lol

Every stat impacts in my game :P Don't think I based the calculations off ROK, cause that would be a bad idear. Not that I'm any better at balance, but least I can adjust! :P

I gave it some thought, and I thought the same thing as Lat. They outclass every other race in their category. I know everyone wants to be the super elves now but based on other stats they just shine out. It's going to be the human incident all over again :P

What I am doing is removing one wisdom and one creation point. And setting their MR to 18 instead of 20%: I'm bumping up Gnome to 20% from 18%, mainly because gnomes have the lowest HP by far, they should have the best magic resistance I would think because of this too.

Removing one wis point/char point puts it in line with the others I think too.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:53 am

Done, removed a point and stat off you. If you had 22wis I lowered it to 21. Otherwise I picked a stat i felt was useless for the race. I'll modify it if people want, but this is only a test anyways, unless I really messed up a point loss let me know :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:48 am

Eh... what about 18-22-18-21-21-22 for elfs, it would make the half elfs stats more fitting?
Btw not bothered on this one.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:45 am

daedroth wrote:Eh... what about 18-22-18-21-21-22 for elfs, it would make the half elfs stats more fitting?
Btw not bothered on this one.

I think giving them 22int would be worse than the original 22wis . No one would pick gnomes then since now the damage would be the same now :P

Return to “Archive Chat”