idea for thieves

warvor

idea for thieves

Postby warvor » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:53 pm

what if when they steal they have a small chance of getting an item like the sellable junk or potions/food nothing major though
Balladeer.BonGod.Carmella.Confessor.Darthspawn.Doken.Grillz.Gringe.Gyko.Invixian.LeoTheLion.Nemisis.NostraDamus.Pilfer.Postal.SubZero,Sylvio,TeddyBearG,Warvor,WildWill

Kruell

Re: idea for thieves

Postby Kruell » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:47 pm

I'd only be okay with this if it was an attack action like /mug with all the associated chances to miss or be deflected. Then people could still /rob for gold only but /mug for a chance of getting something else. Could have it work like backstab in that someone has to be hidden first. Even could combine the two attack types to when someone hides and uses /mug they do (0.5 to 2) x damage, take a little gold, and have a chance for something out of inventory.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:25 am

+1 for giving thieves the ability to mug people
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

warvor

Postby warvor » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:28 am

i like that ppl expanded on my basic idea now if the main ppl agree with it
Balladeer.BonGod.Carmella.Confessor.Darthspawn.Doken.Grillz.Gringe.Gyko.Invixian.LeoTheLion.Nemisis.NostraDamus.Pilfer.Postal.SubZero,Sylvio,TeddyBearG,Warvor,WildWill

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:24 am

Kruell wrote:I'd only be okay with this if it was an attack action like /mug with all the associated chances to miss or be deflected. Then people could still /rob for gold only but /mug for a chance of getting something else. Could have it work like backstab in that someone has to be hidden first. Even could combine the two attack types to when someone hides and uses /mug they do (0.5 to 2) x damage, take a little gold, and have a chance for something out of inventory.

I agree with this, I think it would work like a half rob/half attack (both apply but at half effectiveness each or some such), the inventory item could be something minor that it drops or from some random generic table based on beastie type at a slightly lower than usual chance (since you normal only get something when something is killed), also maybe a limit of one item/chance to stop cheese).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”