Current Stats

Lateralus

Re: Current Stats

Postby Lateralus » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:22 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Kruell wrote:I'm guessing when the new client comes out there will be a total revamp of the character creation which actually explains things for new players as they create the character. The specifics don't need to be in the creation due to space, but people need to know what each stat does for them.

Yeah could have a hover over on each stat with some information when they select a certain class.

Yea I think something like that would be perfect.

Bron

Postby Bron » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Just a thought, to kind of break things up a little.

Intelligence
-Spell damage, Spell duration, Fizzle rate for Necromancers and Sorcerers
-Amount of MP
-Hiding (vs Search)
-Searching (vs Hide)
-Autosneak amount (Level*Int*0.06)
-Steal amount

Wisdom
-Spell damage, Spell duration, Fizzle rate for Cleric, Druid and Paladin
-Resistance to spells
-Amount of MP
-Damage negation to spells. This will be a set amount and will reduce the oncoming damage that breaks through resistance.
-Speed of passive MP gain. (10 seconds - (Wisdom/10))
--Will also effect MP speed gain in temples.

Basically moving the more "divine" type casters out of Intelligence and letting them be based solely off wisdom, like Bards are with Charisma. And split the amount of mana gained between INT and WIS, so if you want the most out of your mana you have to do both or you can just heavily lean on one stat for it.
But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:30 am

It always kind of bothered me that divinty characters relied on INT. Only thing is, if this was removed, then there would be no need for INT in divine characters, which creates balancing problems...
INT would become a dump stat in divine magic weilders, unless there was some way to make INT important again for them, which would defeat the purpose.
Or is it just me who thinks that?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 am

daedroth wrote:It always kind of bothered me that divinty characters relied on INT. Only thing is, if this was removed, then there would be no need for INT in divine characters, which creates balancing problems...
INT would become a dump stat in divine magic weilders, unless there was some way to make INT important again for them, which would defeat the purpose.

I never had a problem with it. Some games might be different but I think it's okay that it's like this anyways for most classes.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:14 am

daedroth wrote:It always kind of bothered me that divinty characters relied on INT. Only thing is, if this was removed, then there would be no need for INT in divine characters, which creates balancing problems...

Yep that's the main problem. I like the idea lore-wise but as far as balance goes INT would be useless (unless mana values were changed to be extremely reliant on INT but ehhhh).
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:18 am

@Nitehawk, I disagree but were all entitled to our opinions :)
I see it like this, with divine casters they need to be more in touch with their God (or nature) to derive their power (ie. high wisdom is needed).
But I am not so sure changing the way things are done in EO would be a good idea (as in removing INT from the equation for divine casters, which sounds contradictory considering what I just said. I think this because I think it would unbalance things, which is why I said the "Or is it just me" bit).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

dunky

Postby dunky » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:21 am

Seriously, who gives a shit what you call it? Don't be nit picky just because you got a hotline to the dev. This way is easier to balance than making Wisdom jump through hoops because you don't wanna be smart.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:26 am

dunky wrote:Seriously, who gives a shit what you call it? Don't be nit picky just because you got a hotline to the dev. This way is easier to balance than making Wisdom jump through hoops because you don't wanna be smart.

Whowho calls what what?

What hotline to the dev?
Do you mean this forum? Because that means everyone has the "hotline to the dev".

Nit picky?
About what? I am saying what I think, feel free to disagree, but dont be a douche about it.

I think you need to have you morning cup of tea, or more sleep.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:33 am

"Hotline to the dev" lmfao I love it.
<Silhouette>

dunky

Postby dunky » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:34 am

You're arguing that "divinity" based characters shouldn't use Intelligence for their spells? Am I wrong in interpreting that? In which case, my question stand: who gives a shit what it's called?

Return to “Archive Chat”