Site Admin

Re: Current Stats

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:46 am

Let's not get heated up.

In any case I understand what you meant but I think INT is fine here anyways :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:00 pm

dunky wrote:You're arguing that "divinity" based characters shouldn't use Intelligence for their spells? Am I wrong in interpreting that? In which case, my question stand: who gives a shit what it's called?

Yes, that is what I said, but I also said it would not be a good idea to introduce this into EO because of balancing issues. I still don't quite get your question btw: who gives a shit about what whats called?
If you mean the term "divinity casters", it's just that, an easy term for "divinity" casters instead of naming all the classes.

TLDR: Divinity casters should use just WIS imho, but its impractical for EO; also imho.

Your entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine, peace be with you.

PS> I like the term "hotline to the devs" btw.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Bron

Postby Bron » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:43 pm

Was just an idea, so many people getting fired up.

I mean there are dump stats for lots of classes, while some classes rely on too many stats.

My question is is there a reason all the caster classes should rely on INT (well except bards), when there are so many caster types. Yea, INT has both the spell casting as well as a good portion of the most used skills. (Autosneak, Hide, Search). It is a pretty valuable stat already.

If you want both INT and WIS to be useful to every caster. You could make INT and WIS combined determine Spell Damage/Healing (for sorc, necro, cle, dru, pally) and MP gains. Making INT do duration/fizzle for sorc/necro and WIS do duration/fizzle for Cle/Dru/Pal.
But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:49 pm

I personally think you guys are overthinking it though. It seems rather more difficult that way.

I do want more then one stat to determine things though, otherwise stats become more worthless. INT is the power/duration, and WIS is your mana and resist. Int is offensive, Wis is defensive, pretty much. Bar morph which uses it for power as well. I don't think I'd like it changed otherwise to that, it makes it a mess in my honest opinion and will confuse more players than anything.

Druids only needing wis would make them so powerful because thats what they use anyways. If all their spells was wisdom only, they'd be the powerhouses of the game and it would be easy to ignore it.

dunky

Postby dunky » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:12 pm

You wouldn't even have to worry about this with Clown class.

Bron

Postby Bron » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Okay, I know they are removed atm.

But why the Charisma requirement for druids? Do they need it for anything?

I should just go back to playing Barbarians lol.
But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Bron wrote:Okay, I know they are removed atm.

But why the Charisma requirement for druids? Do they need it for anything?

I should just go back to playing Barbarians lol.

Mostly lore reasons and to balance the stats out. It also worked for taming and other things which aren't in yet.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:54 pm

top so i dont have to keep looking for chr hp chart

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 am

How much HP does each point of END give? I didn't find that info in my searching and I'm trying to plan some things out. Thanks!
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:55 am

Folder wrote:How much HP does each point of END give? I didn't find that info in my searching and I'm trying to plan some things out. Thanks!

I think it's something around 75HP.

Return to “Archive Chat”