Dryad

Lavelia

Dryad

Postby Lavelia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Naturally alluring, the Dryad was borne by mysterious means at the creation of the new world. Physically they are weak and yet they wield magic even more potent than that of the Elves. If standing still, they could almost be mistaken for the trees they so adore; but once in motion they are poetry to watch as all who come up against their magical might fall at their feet.

Str: 12
Agi: 20
End: 16
Int: 23
Wis: 21
Cha: 23

Anyways, it'd be an interesting race for a magic wielding one :P The strength number might have to be upped, but that's always up to the dev or those in charge of getting the races all nicely balanced out :P

daedroth

Re: Dryad

Postby daedroth » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:34 am

Could be given interesting abilities of increased regen in forest type areas (maybe a pain to implement, but wasnt there some kind of exp bonus in old rok based on forests or do i need to take my medication again?), maybe slight AC (bark like skin?). The poetry in motion bit though would, to me, suggest more agility though (since 20 is human agility).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lavelia

Postby Lavelia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:12 pm

daedroth wrote:Could be given interesting abilities of increased regen in forest type areas (maybe a pain to implement, but wasnt there some kind of exp bonus in old rok based on forests or do i need to take my medication again?), maybe slight AC (bark like skin?). The poetry in motion bit though would, to me, suggest more agility though (since 20 is human agility).

Yeah a Dryad's skin would be tougher since it's a creature of the elemental properties. What would be really interesting is if each div gave something different, dependent on race/class, of course. (i.e. Earth = AC boost; Fire = Str boost; etc) But that would probably be hugely difficult to code lol.

I think nightmist had a system like that, where certain race/classes get bonuses in certain region types (i.e. Elves in Forests, etc) if I recall correctly. It's actually an interesting system and wouldn't be bad to implement in this game. Not sure how difficult it is to code, though. lol

The poetry in motion bit was more intended as a description of how well integrated their use of magic is, actually :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:31 pm

I stand corrected on the poetry in motion thing :P
I mentioned overhauling divinity thing (kinda like what you suggested, read if your bored viewtopic.php?f=20&t=296&p=1762#p1762 ), im not so keen on it as is (not too bothered though), but other people seem to be.
I remember that regional thing from NM now, but im sure in forests earth div got more exp in old rok... but eh... maybe not, maybe one of them myths, i never tested it.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

dunky

Postby dunky » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:07 am

If we're looking to add any other magical based races, this is definitely one to consider. I would definitely give them a slight armor bonus since they are usually made of wood, but it kinda fits to have lower End.

still would prefer frogmen but people think frogs can't be magical or something

Return to “Archive Chat”