Reckqq

Knight/Cavalier Mechanics

Postby Reckqq » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Talk about Knights/Cavaliers here

Fighter-Knight-Cavalier

Requirements: 16 str
Experience points to level 25: 200 million exp
Special Features/Spells
Increased Health - Knights receive an extra 4 hit points with every level increase.
:evil: TJ Lethal :twisted:

alvarlux

Re: Knight/Cavalier Mechanics

Postby alvarlux » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Wasn't one of the Knight/Cavalier mechanics that they had /protect and took damage in place of whoever they were protecting?

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:53 pm

alvarlux wrote:Wasn't one of the Knight/Cavalier mechanics that they had /protect and took damage in place of whoever they were protecting?

You're thinking of a paladin/guardian.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

alvarlux

Postby alvarlux » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Satsujin wrote:
alvarlux wrote:Wasn't one of the Knight/Cavalier mechanics that they had /protect and took damage in place of whoever they were protecting?

You're thinking of a paladin/guardian.

:oops:

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Mon May 02, 2016 11:45 am

Cavs suck, is there any way to make them not suck so bad?

They are so basic that they are good for nothing. I doubt anyone will be making a cav especially if this is 1a.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Mon May 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Cavs were really good as tanks and decent as damage on oads. I would suggest giving them class specific weapons that have a higher damag OR give them a higher % to deflect with a shield since they are heavy armor users.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Rodeo wrote:Cavs were really good as tanks and decent as damage on oads. I would suggest giving them class specific weapons that have a higher damag OR give them a higher % to deflect with a shield since they are heavy armor users.

I think cavaliers are the heavy tankers and zerkers are the heavy hitters. Cavs also get more HP gain too. Giving them heavy damage on top would make them a bit op for 200mil exp.

I'd say class armor if anything, of some sort. (shield or armor).

Right now SOE has deflect and armor split up. I forgot what they do exactly but I'll see if I even keep it or not.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Mon May 02, 2016 1:09 pm

True for yhe exp required they can't be to OPed

Yue

Postby Yue » Mon May 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Do you plan to have similar mechanics as you did with the other classes? For example, make Roundhouse for monks when two successful hits landed and so on?

Something nice for Knights/Cavs can be like a guaranteed hit for every 1/10 hits. This ability can be called pierce.

Instead of:

==> You attack Rodeo with your iron sword for 10 points of damage

Something like:

==> You pierce Rodeo with your iron sword for 10 points of damage

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Mon May 02, 2016 3:58 pm

NiteHawk wrote:
Rodeo wrote:Cavs were really good as tanks and decent as damage on oads. I would suggest giving them class specific weapons that have a higher damag OR give them a higher % to deflect with a shield since they are heavy armor users.

I think cavaliers are the heavy tankers and zerkers are the heavy hitters. Cavs also get more HP gain too. Giving them heavy damage on top would make them a bit op for 200mil exp.

I'd say class armor if anything, of some sort. (shield or armor).

Right now SOE has deflect and armor split up. I forgot what they do exactly but I'll see if I even keep it or not.

I like the angle of knights having great armor/hp and lacking in damage, while zerkers do great damage have ok hp and ok armor.

Maybe only knights can equip armor for their legs and arms, just a small but significant boost. They really got outshined in rok by zerkers.

If the deflects and harmless glances off the armor is balanced right, they can still be weak pvp vs ninjas and zerkers but great for pve. They might even be good vs elders in a tgc.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Return to “Archive Chat”