Knight/Cavalier Mechanics

Lateralus

Re: Knight/Cavalier Mechanics

Postby Lateralus » Mon May 02, 2016 6:09 pm

Yea they definitely had higher armor and higher hp than zerks and I'm pretty sure they had a slight higher damage than Paladins too not as high as zerks but close.

For only 200mil exp they seemed fine to me.

Grahf

Postby Grahf » Fri May 27, 2016 9:52 am

I feel like knights need something to set them apart. If i remember right they were basically paladins that couldnt use spells.

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Fri May 27, 2016 9:57 am

Yeah later on in RoK Knights/Cavs got this huge HP bonus to deal with the fact that they had lower damage. IIRC some HO Cavs woun dup over 1500HP.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri May 27, 2016 11:10 am

I tested a dwf knight the other day with 24 end and 16 chr and IF it got max gains to 25 it would have 1600 hp max. But you know. BRICK HOUSE. Lol

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Fri May 27, 2016 11:19 am

Need some Old Gob Cavs up in this bitch. 20,22,22 or 19,23,22 or 19,22,23 would be even more bullshit than old gob Slayers were now with the health bonuses for Cavs and for Chr.

Zeroun

Postby Zeroun » Sun May 29, 2016 11:48 am

In my opinion I think oad mechanics need to change into something more structured rather than RNG based. Give an actual meaning to strategy. I think Knight/Cavaliers should be the brick house tanks of the game. They should lack in damage, but be given things in their kit to still keep them viable in PvP. They should gain some skills that separate them from other classes and not just be considered a shittier Guardian/Zerker. I think mob aggro should be introduced into the game at least for oads.

Skill: Mocking Shout
Cost: 4 Stamina
Cooldown: 45 seconds
Effect: Grabs aggro of all mobs in the room for 10 seconds and places a 30s debuff to prevent chain shouts, if mocking shout is casted again within 30 seconds then the effect duration is reduced by half (the 2nd shout only applies a 15s debuff)

Skill: Bladed Armor
Cost: 2 Stamina
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Effect: Deals X% amount of damage to the attacker if hit, lasts 15seconds
~~This will give dps to the tank without giving it too much firepower

Skill: Last Stand
Cost: 4 Stamina
Cooldown: 180 seconds
Effect: All incoming damage is reduced by X% for the next 7 seconds

Those are some example skills that I think Cavs should have, they should literally be the PvE tank gods with some minor tweaks or additional skills that provide them PvP viability. Idk how you guys feel about CC, but I personally like it since it can provide tankier classes that deal less damage another source of usefulness.

Grahf

Postby Grahf » Sun May 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Zeroun has some good ideas. Lets go that route!

SnowLynx

Postby SnowLynx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:23 am

If we could also change their names, idk Cavalier sounds kinda whack. Maybe give it something with more pow like Centurion or something cool. (Blank) is a male halfling Centurion sounds way cooler than (blank) is a male halfling Cavalier.

Aieron

Postby Aieron » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 am

SnowLynx wrote:If we could also change their names, idk Cavalier sounds kinda whack. Maybe give it something with more pow like Centurion or something cool. (Blank) is a male halfling Centurion sounds way cooler than (blank) is a male halfling Cavalier.

Wut.. Cavalier is like perfect progression for a knight and sounds badass.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:44 am

The thing about giving them more abilities is that you will need to change the exp needed to level them to keep balance. Right now they dont really have any other ability than hit points (and now taunt) so the low exp requirements make sense.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”