Knight/Cavalier Mechanics

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Knight/Cavalier Mechanics

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Ivor wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:To me, I think taunt is going to be a pretty good thing on it's own. Having a knight in your party will probably make it alot easier to handle heals. They also get damage negation to both spells/physical while taunting. It might not be so great solo, but it's a pretty epic thing to have I think. Just we have not many areas to test it with yet where people want to party up.

Is taunt gonna get better while leveling up? cause while testing it thru lvls 15-18 , monsters hit me about the same as before the taunt,insignificant damage reduction. Also i found the duration kinda poor, a few more seconds would be nice, or, maybe use 2 attacks making it last longer, use 3 to make it last even longer.

It's about 5% with low charsiam and 10% reduction with high charisma. I was thinking about bumping it up to 15% (obviously would scale from 5% to 15%) though. If you have lower charisma you won't see much of an effect. It's kind of like if you were a low int caster. It's used only per room and won't keep with you while you move, so often it's your first call. The duration I'm pretty sure is also based on level and charisma as well.

The taunt skill though is mainly 'for' parties, though it helps negate some damage it is meant more for when you're taking that extra damage, the reduction would help out. If you have no low charisma though, the effects will be alot less.

You do have to use it per room though, it's effect wears off as you have to 'taunt' the enemies in the room for it to work to begin with too.

I can see giving it 15% though at higher end charisma. Any more then 15% and I think personally it's a bit much.

Edit: I gave a round or two more depending on your charisma. I think with 20 charisma it was something like 80 seconds at level 25. I've also raised the reduction to 15% max, so 10 charisma will have 7.5%, and 20 will have 15%. (22 will be something like 16% or something around.) Should be a bit better now overall.

Return to “Archive Chat”