Rangers

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Rangers

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:49 pm

I adjusted MEND though now to scale up until level 25 rather then stop at level 12. A pet with 20 INT will heal for about 110. A pet with 15 int is about 80. 10 int is about 50.. All at level 25.

BREATHE is now 75% damage rather then only 50%. Not sure if this is too high, but we'll see.

Pets now give AC. You have to be in the same room as the pet, otherwise the bonus will be gone in a round (about 5 seconds). It will come back if you re-enter with the pet (again when a new round starts). Generally this shouldn't be a problem though.

The AC you gain right now is (dodge agility - 5). More for the fact for it's 'reaction time' or something like that. I don't know if this is enough yet, I need peoples AC tests with gear and shit. This obviously means gear that gives AGI, though giving LESS damage, will give more AC to you. The actual gear still needs to be balanced though. I will be looking at that shortly.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Swear filter is added for generic things, will add more words to it later but it works. Also added to character creations too.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:57 pm

This all sounds good. I was hoping for input from others about the skill vs items debate. Speak up people!
<Silhouette>

Inochi

Postby Inochi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Folder wrote:This all sounds good. I was hoping for input from others about the skill vs items debate. Speak up people!

I think everyone has been putting their input here. http://ember-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=735 Granted its not very many people.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Well yeah cause NH made that thread after my post :P
<Silhouette>

Futch

Postby Futch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:47 pm

I have a level 22-23 ranger with 22 CHR and it couldn't tame anything at a lower level because it had too much energy and one hit kills it so you can't do that. Also, i've yet to tame anything my level as well and used 10+ crystal gems or whatever. Maybe at stalker it goes up, but right now this seems like an error.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:26 pm

1 hit shouldn't kill a mob as soon as it hits "near death" unless you are looking at maybe lvl10 and below mobs. I don't think being higher lvl than a mob makes it any easier to tame (it jumps to your lvl when you tame it). Maybe I'm wrong there, NH can chime in.

He did say he doesn't want taming to be too easy and I can understand that. It doesn't get better at stalker lol. I spent a good bit of time trying to tame a badger from Kakegi at 25.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:48 am

Folder wrote:1 hit shouldn't kill a mob as soon as it hits "near death" unless you are looking at maybe lvl10 and below mobs. I don't think being higher lvl than a mob makes it any easier to tame (it jumps to your lvl when you tame it). Maybe I'm wrong there, NH can chime in.

He did say he doesn't want taming to be too easy and I can understand that. It doesn't get better at stalker lol. I spent a good bit of time trying to tame a badger from Kakegi at 25.

I'll think up something for this. I don't think the taming is bad (5-8% for the higher level ones) but yeah, the issue comes with actually trying to near death it on lower level monsters, your right. The idea was that you could normally critical anything. The risk of setting it higher is that rangers can use it to clear monsters very easily, making the hardness point a moot... Though I might increase it a bit... Not sure yet.

Typically you could use a lower level weapon but I don't really like that idea.

Level does help, it's a small amount, but after you are past his the mob level its like .5% or 1% per level, depends on the starting charm level. That is on it's actual level, it does obviously scale with you afterwards.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:31 am

Some equation where level difference reduces the minimum health required to tame

monster hp / (monster lvl - player lvl)

Eh... something like that.

From memory I remember some creatures being near death, but still too energetic, and having to switch weapons for a final hit and stuff... very fiddly, but such is life.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:50 am

I'm a genius. (maybe)

First unique arrow in game using scripting. It is called the BLUNT ARROW. It is bought at the ranger guild. The arrow itself lowers your damage slightly rather then increasing.

What it does however is if you attack a monster and strike a hit that would kill it, instead it will remove all but 1 HP on it. If you shoot it again it will die though. It does let you know when your arrow has near-death'd the NPC as well, so you don't have to keep looking the NPC over in a quick message. This does not happen on players, only NPCs.

This gives you a chance for easier capturing. It solves the issue really without changing the way rangers work. I think it's a decent choice anyways.

Return to “Archive Chat”