Ranger Pet Items

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Ranger Pet Items

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:13 am

Meh, most people want the skill, and some want the healing item.

I've made two skills, /pet heal and /pet revive.

I removed all the original pet healing items. There is one item now, called a Yarrow Leaf. It will exist around the world or you can buy it at the ranger shop pretty cheap. It boosts the healing amount and revive amount by a small amount. You won't really find a use for it other then PVP or if you have money to spend. It has a high stack (50) and it will be used when you use /pet heal or /pet revive automatically.

/pet heal can be used at any time.
/pet revive requires all your attacks, and also you must not be in combat (the general timer).

The amount of healing is based on INT, but even at low INT you should have an average amount of healing since it doesn't start at 0. So should be OK.

/pet heal when out of combat heals for 2.5x more. Not sure if this is too much or enough yet.

warvor

Postby warvor » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:48 am

i think combat cooldown needs to engage if the battle exists between pet and mod only cuz otherwise you can use your max healing ability in fight if you dont attack or get attacked
Balladeer.BonGod.Carmella.Confessor.Darthspawn.Doken.Grillz.Gringe.Gyko.Invixian.LeoTheLion.Nemisis.NostraDamus.Pilfer.Postal.SubZero,Sylvio,TeddyBearG,Warvor,WildWill

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:57 am

warvor wrote:i think combat cooldown needs to engage if the battle exists between pet and mod only cuz otherwise you can use your max healing ability in fight if you dont attack or get attacked

This is a good idea, because you can stop your pet from attacking with the party attack stop command.

I just realized that npcs use two attacks when using spells or commands. One for the command, and then one gets removed too. woop, need to fix that.

Edit: Fixed both the NPC attacks (you'll see spellcasters attacking more now that they don't use two attacks per turn, and shadow assassins should attack proper too, etc.)

Edit2: If your pet is attacking it now resets your attack bar, you can stop your pet from attacking or reclaim it if you want.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Sounds good. Will play around with it a little tomorrow :).
<Silhouette>

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Stalker w/ 10 int pet heals:

In combat:
77 w/ yarrow leaf

Out of combat
194 w/ yarrow leaf

I think that's not bad for something with 10 int. My pet is mending for 79, and it has 16 int (no int upgrades).

Not sure how much I'd heal for with 20 int, it wouldn't be doubled I assume?
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Folder wrote:Stalker w/ 10 int pet heals:

In combat:
77 w/ yarrow leaf

Out of combat
194 w/ yarrow leaf

I think that's not bad for something with 10 int. My pet is mending for 79, and it has 16 int (no int upgrades).

Not sure how much I'd heal for with 20 int, it wouldn't be doubled I assume?

it's not double but its still another 50% though I believe. I think it's like 250-275 heals out of combat. But a ranger with 20 int is going to probably sacrifice alot of things, having a better healing for your pet is probably not the best choice to do. But INT is a good sink for them now.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Cool, I think these numbers are pretty good. They'd make me probably want to put tank upgrades on my pet for leveling, instead of just all +dmg stuff. That's a good gameplay decision.

Yeah I'd probably never make a 20 int ranger, but the stat does something now which is all it needed.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”