Ranger Pet Items

Folder

Re: Ranger Pet Items

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Satsujin wrote:
daedroth wrote:Well, if you can heal a pet, why couldn't you heal a person (which would be easier since they can communicate)?

For the same reason I wouldn't want a vet performing brain surgery on me. Just because you know how to treat an injury on your dog doesn't mean you know anything at all about treating a similar injury on a person.

lol
<Silhouette>

Inochi

Postby Inochi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:57 pm

I like the idea of an OoC skill for healing/reviving pets. Being Ranger/Stalkers though, I think I'd prefer to see the skills require an item you have to find in the wild. The class being what it is should have knowledge of plants and such that are beneficial to healing themselves and their pets.

Lavelia

Postby Lavelia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:01 pm

Did the amount that pet healing items heal for get raised?

You tossed a small treat at Zaire!
Zaire is healed for 755 hit points!

You tossed a food pellet at Zaire!
Zaire is healed for 763 hit points!

It used to be a lot lower...and the items descriptions haven't been updated to reflect the change (if the healing of the items has been upped) and are still saying 150 and 250 respectively...if it hasn't been changed then...glitch?

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:14 pm

I'd like to see it require something like a divine focus like rangers/druids use in pen and paper RPGs for their spells. Make a little ranger exclusive hourly run or something to get it.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:16 pm

Lavelia wrote:Did the amount that pet healing items heal for get raised?

You tossed a small treat at Zaire!
Zaire is healed for 755 hit points!

You tossed a food pellet at Zaire!
Zaire is healed for 763 hit points!

It used to be a lot lower...and the items descriptions haven't been updated to reflect the change (if the healing of the items has been upped) and are still saying 150 and 250 respectively...if it hasn't been changed then...glitch?

That seems unintended!

I know some of you guys like the lore behind having an item, just consider extended gameplay. If you are playing a year or two from now are you still gonna wanna go farm items before you can go out and play the game? I mean if that works for you that's great, it just sounds tedious to me.
<Silhouette>

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:10 am

No, the focus I'm talking about would be like one of the div ammies from Kaos, or the amulet you needed for unrest. You go get the focus from the hourly mob, and you never need to get it again unless you lose it.

I thought it sounded good anyways.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:39 am

Div ammies sound good for certain things but I don't think they work for ranger pet items.

The reason for the high heals is cause I added a new function .Add.Health rather then .Set.Health, forgot to adjust the values here properly. Will do that soon.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:01 am

Satsujin wrote:
daedroth wrote:Well, if you can heal a pet, why couldn't you heal a person (which would be easier since they can communicate)?

For the same reason I wouldn't want a vet performing brain surgery on me. Just because you know how to treat an injury on your dog doesn't mean you know anything at all about treating a similar injury on a person.

I didn't say it would be a ranger only skill, and I was sort of meaning first aid, not surgery (which would not really be a skill you could pick up without some kind of training, mind you... the resuscitate idea was too far, that would be like surgery). I will now quote myself:

"Problem with new skills like that is, it would open up the argument to have similar skills for using on players by different classes.
/firstaid
/resuscitate
etc..."

I was meaning if your going to introduce a skill where a ranger could heal a pet. Why wouldn't there be a skill to heal other types of npc's/players for all the classes. First Aid exists, so if you have rangers healing pets, why cant a knight heal someone?

I like what Inochi says about herbs etc, it makes sense that way, but then you could use herbs to heal players. Then also what about druids? Clerics wouldn't really need, but they would still have some basic knowledge on healing and possibly herbs.

I still think the skills should be OoC though.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:40 am

daedroth wrote:I was meaning if your going to introduce a skill where a ranger could heal a pet. Why wouldn't there be a skill to heal other types of npc's/players for all the classes. First Aid exists, so if you have rangers healing pets, why cant a knight heal someone?

I like what Inochi says about herbs etc, it makes sense that way, but then you could use herbs to heal players. Then also what about druids? Clerics wouldn't really need, but they would still have some basic knowledge on healing and possibly herbs.

I still think the skills should be OoC though.

I mean, why won't other things exist is because I said so and it doesn't really make a lick of sense 8)

Rangers have a unique pet, others pets, the golem and the undead one, they are no where near as complex, nor can they die like pets can, etc. By your statement of why can't a knight heal someone, it makes no real sense because that's the general same statement as why can't a zerker taunt, or why can't all classes have pets.

I think you're over complicating the whole healing system though. I think it would be tedious to have to farm to heal your pet though too. General herbs I feel could be bought, but if you want to save gold, then forage around.

/pet heal
/pet revive

Perhaps a general heal could be done without items, but if you have a certain herb or whatever the HP is boosted very lightly. For example, 75 heals to 100 heals. I doubt people would bother in PVE scenarios, but could be beneficial to use herbs in PVP situations. /pet heal would simply check to see if you have one, and use it to boost.

I would keep it simple though, and say that there would only be one herb and one set bonus to /pet heal. If we would do that, maybe people would like that.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:58 am

Well I did not really see the need for healing for all classes, I was just trying to point out that a ranger being able to heal a pet could be used as an excuse for general healing... if that makes sense.

I actually like the pet healing idea.

I think like this; Pet healing skill that does a small amount of healing per action (the ranger is using what is at hand to heal his pet - no items needed - kinda as Nitehawk stated just previous). Then items (shop bought herbs or maybe foraged) could be used that increase this healing.
Full round for revive, a stamina for a heal, out of combat though with a cooldown before you can start, as in food use like.
If healing was to be in combat (as it is now with the treats or herbs), I think it should take up one of the rangers actions and one of the pets (if no attacks left, resets it stamina bar) but with only the herb healing being applied? Ranger throws, pet eats.

@Nitehawk: Start a poll man, get it over with.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”