Class Experience

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Class Experience

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:23 am

I am wondering what is everyone take on EXP for each class.

I think right now there is too much of a wide variance, but I think there 'needs' to be a variance because some classes are far easier to level then others, due to damage. It doesn't mean that they are less useful, but a cleric, bard, etc is going to gain less EXP then an zerker or assassin would, typically.

I think 300-400mil might be a good base, but could be wrong.

I.E.
Knight 300mil
Thief 300mil
Cleric 300mil
Barbarian 325mil
Ranger 325mil
Bard 325mil
Paladin 325mil
Druid 350mil
Monk 375mil
Sorceror 375mil
Assassin 400mil
Necromancer 400mil

Something like this. Would be 25% variance.

dunky

Re: Class Experience

Postby dunky » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:04 am

That seems fair, Bards maybe should have a little more exp? They are pretty boss right now, with their own healing, decent damage and their songs.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:15 am

dunky wrote:That seems fair, Bards maybe should have a little more exp? They are pretty boss right now, with their own healing, decent damage and their songs.

They could be pushed up to 350mil with druids so they aren't lonely too, was thinking about that as well. They don't have terrible damage, and with the strength boost they are pretty decent.

Knight 300mil
Thief 300mil
Cleric 300mil
Barbarian 325mil
Ranger 325mil
Paladin 325mil
Druid 350mil
Bard 350mil
Monk 375mil
Sorceror 375mil
Assassin 400mil
Necromancer 400mil

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Looks good to me

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:00 am

My personal experience (although my levelling methods are not really like anyone elses, so... pinch of salt here eh.) Also not taking into account ease of levelling or class power.

Fastest levelling (as in experience gaining, rather than time from 1 to 25th):
1) Barbarian/Monk/Thief (if you kill and rob eh I mean rob THEN kill, although I have not levelled one for EO, also not taking into account the robbing... cheat?), I think with pets the way they are now Rangers could be addded here.

2)All but cleric

3) Cleric

Off course with Deathbane added the speed of clerics/palading is upped a notched (or two).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:42 am

Looks solid. Thieves may level quickest out of everything but not because of killing - stealing is way more efficient for them.
<Silhouette>

Bron

Postby Bron » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:20 am

Well I think your OP brings up a good point as well as I can think of several others to consider for XP to max level.

1) Ease of Leveling: Should some classes have a higher experience required because they are easier to level? Namely Barbarians, Monk. (Haven't leveled a thief yet to see about stealing experience). And to a lesser extent Knight, Ranger, Assassin.
-) It is an interesting thought, but also most of those classes don't have a lot going for them when they hit level 25, they are just hitters after all. Also to be considered, if you want everyone who starts off at launch day to reach 25 at around the same time, then these classes would probably have the highest total experience needed.

2) Balance of Classes: If this is the eventual goal of Ember (I haven't read all the posts so unsure if you want some things to just be better than others), then every class should be either 1) Have the same total experience needed; OR 2) Be solely based off ease of leveling to each class takes roughly the same amount of time investment wise.
-) If the goal is to balance the classes for PVP (which is where every game ends up, unless you have "raids") then there is no reason to have a class that sucks at leveling solo to be more expensive than a class that levels faster. Because end the end it should either come down to |player skill/strategy| or |rock/paper/scissor aspect| (such as Casters beat Healers, Healers beat Hitters, Hitters beat Casters)

So if you have a Barbarian who gains experience roughly three times as fast as a Cleric. If Cleric is set at 200mil; then Barbarian would have to be around 600mil for them to reach level 25 around the same time. So I think some testing just to see how quickly the characters would reach 25 (in the same environment, like the arenas) would be the easiest way to determine the rate at which you want players to level. And then determine how quickly you want people to be hitting 25. A few days? A week? A month?
But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:24 pm

This has been adjusted now. It is live.

Return to “Archive Chat”