Illusionist.

daedroth

Illusionist.

Postby daedroth » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:34 am

Lavelia's story (nice story btw) had me think of illusionists.

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/bards ... ells.shtml
^spell ideas (scroll to sorcerer).

In that old old game (bards tale) they had spells to summon up creatures and for damage, including detections and light spells.
I was thinking of an all or nothing for their damage spells (basically any kind of resist even a partial one would reveal the spell to be an illusion and it would have no effect at all).
With their summon spells it would be the equivalent of finding a hidden player. If their "found" their dispelled.
Either way though, the cost of the spells would be lower than normal magic.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Mujahideen

Re: Illusionist.

Postby Mujahideen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Nah
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:40 am

I like the general idea of it, but I'm having a hard time picture how this class would work. Can you put it in a more user friendly outline?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:03 am

Ack, im not good at putting stuff down into coherent formats!

I was thinking of:

Light Spell (illusionary glowing orb)

Fear spell - lowers attack/dodge of enemy?

Illusionary armour (lower power stone skin, lower cost? or maybe just the same... meh)

Summoning spells: low level - summon wolf, medium level - summon troll, high level - summon demon. They are just illusionary though so they can be "dispelled" via a search. It would work like finding someone thats hidden (same with monsters and their searching), but it may be harder to "find" as in dispel them. lower mana cost than a normal summon due to the fact they can be dispelled.

Beam/blast attack: same as mages, but any kind of resist means no damage, but the spells come at a lower cost to cast.

Ok I better get back to work, I have access again at work :-)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”