Class/Race Combinations for new/returning players

RallosZek

Class/Race Combinations for new/returning players

Postby RallosZek » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Hey guys! I'd love to get a thread started with the communities opinions on some good race/class combos for new players and some ideas for duoing.

What i'm hoping to help players avoid is the competitive end game where they get destroyed because their initial race/class choice wasn't as statistical smart (especially if they are a solo player) as it could have been. Now you can still have fun playing anything but for those that want to come into this with elite end game in mind, knowledge is potential.

An example of this would be me choosing a Half-Orc Barbarian with 24/19/21/10/14/10. After reading through some threads on here I discovered that this might have been a poor choice for end game competition. My low WIS will cause me to be mage fodder and my low AGI will negate my chance to flurry and dodge. My end and str will give me health and damage but I'll have to hit for this to be effective.

Now I would love for someone to be able to pitch me why the HO would work and in what scenarios. My end game knowledge isn't too extensive and I'd love to learn more.

I managed to get my longtime friend to join and we are looking at making a trio to pve/pvp with.

Going with Enchanter/Guardian/Slayer most likely but would love to see ideas on other combos that could work.

Folder

Re: Class/Race Combinations for new/returning players

Postby Folder » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:26 pm

pve and pvp will probably require different things if you're looking to be the best at both. HO can be very good at pve, especially in oad areas. In pvp? If you're lucky on the attack rolls they can crush, but as you said you'll get equally crushed by casters.

I'm not a fan of HO for pvp, but that's me. If you like smooshing people when you hit them go for it, it can absolutely work against other melee characters. Just expect to lose against casters unless you are very lucky.

It's gonna be quite some time before endgame events are happening so I wouldn't stress it too much yet. You will have a solid character for oad runs if nothing else, and one that can excel in pvp with lucky attack rolls (against melee!).

Chanter/guardian/slayer is the classic trio. You could go priest instead of slayer if you want to be immortal, but that also kills your burst dps. The slayer can easily be changed for another melee dps though, this won't be the way RoK was where slayers > everything.
<Silhouette>

RallosZek

Postby RallosZek » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:28 pm

I really like berserker but my brother will always, always be a straight DPS char so it makes more sense for me to go hybrid attack/utility in either a paladin or a druid. My good friend will go mage so that further supports my choice.

I always liked the Sturdy and high damage tank but I have a feeling that haflings/goblins/dark elves would tear me to shreds.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:27 pm

RallosZek wrote:I really like berserker but my brother will always, always be a straight DPS char so it makes more sense for me to go hybrid attack/utility in either a paladin or a druid. My good friend will go mage so that further supports my choice.

I always liked the Sturdy and high damage tank but I have a feeling that haflings/goblins/dark elves would tear me to shreds.

If you like a high damage tank take a look at knights they have good damage tons of hp. Best armor in game and now have taunt which means you'll be targeted by monsters instead of the healer or caster. I recommend drake blood knight since it can have high chr and other power stats.

Return to “Archive Chat”