Cavaliers and You

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Cavaliers and You

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:57 am

I am thinking up what I should do with Knights/Cavaliers. Their taunt is really powerful, as it makes most npcs focus on them PLUS reduces damage. This is GREAT for PVE, and in PVP the damage negation is still useful. They will be sought out I feel once we actually have proper OADs to make use. It makes it alot less stressful for healers to not focus on everyone and focus on a set player for sure.

I propose one or more of the following could be added.

Stances. Three basic stances. Aggressive, Defensive, Tactical. Aggressive would give 5% more damage and -1 AGI. Defensive would give +5AC and -5% less damage. Tactical would give +1 AGI and -5AC. Something like that. 5% is a good amount at higher levels in any case. You can also neutral stance, which nullifies all stances. That's really it to this.

If stances aren't a good idea, another skill could be a thing. Shield bash. It obviously requires the knight having a shield. After an attack against the Knight, there may be a retaliation attack against the target dealing 50% sword damage, automatically. The chance to retaliate would be based on the shield AC level only. (1AC = 1.5%?) I don't want this to be another 'zerker rage thing' so I wanted it to be a little different.

Lastly, two handed swords. Two handed swords are a thing but not in game. They will be 10% more stronger then 1 handed weapons, but only knights can use two handed swords. I intend on two handed swords having some uniqueness to them by having a script attached to them. For example, a sword that might have a 15% chance of deal an additional 50 lightning damage could be a thing.

Folder

Re: Cavaliers and You

Postby Folder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:17 am

I like the idea of a passive retaliation attack the most. It needs to be a low chance though so people don't feel like it's always better to use a shield instead of a 2h weapon, and it should do less than 50% weapon damage. It shouldn't be a huge dps increase, unless you're planning on reducing their damage output overall to compensate.

2h swords are neat, I thought maybe barbs could use them as well though?
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:39 am

Folder wrote:I like the idea of a passive retaliation attack the most. It needs to be a low chance though so people don't feel like it's always better to use a shield instead of a 2h weapon, and it should do less than 50% weapon damage. It shouldn't be a huge dps increase, unless you're planning on reducing their damage output overall to compensate.

2h swords are neat, I thought maybe barbs could use them as well though?

Yeah, but barbs have such high damage output I might not let them since they can dual wield now. I don't know just yet, maybe allow them.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:45 am

Ah right I forgot they can DW, that's fair then.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:07 pm

sounds pretty cool to me but not a huge impact? i guess i dont know the math behind everything but i think doubled of what you said might make more of an impact

RallosZek

Postby RallosZek » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:31 pm

Personally the only reason I rolled a barb was to use 2h axes since in my head that would be the coolest. I can't go back now!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:58 am

If this was to happen wouldnt is be better to base the damage on the shield size (ie. its protection value)?
I like the stances idea TBH. A lot of games have this, maybe open for all classes though (and give the cav's the shield bash when in a stance)?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Trento

Postby Trento » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:29 am

Chris, just as a double-check, please: 2hand swords will be Knight/Cavalier only?
Barbs/Zerkers wont be able to use it?

In the class thread both barbs and knights are marked as users of 2h weaps, btw:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=172
Alts
Doom - Berserker
Trento - Ninja
Corpse - Death Mage
Uruk - Assassin
Lancelot - Paladin

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 am

Trento wrote:Chris, just as a double-check, please: 2hand swords will be Knight/Cavalier only?

In the class thread both barbs and knights are marked as users of 2h weaps, btw:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=172

Yeah it was a mistake here. They can use them, my bad. The damage output between a two handed and dual wielding will be around the same, but 2 handers going to be more rare/may contain fun shit while it'll be easy to get two basic swords to DW.

Trento

Postby Trento » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:48 am

NiteHawk wrote:
Trento wrote:Chris, just as a double-check, please: 2hand swords will be Knight/Cavalier only?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=172

Yeah it was a mistake here. They can use them, my bad. The damage output between a two handed and dual wielding will be around the same, but 2 handers going to be more rare/may contain fun shit while it'll be easy to get two basic swords to DW.

Alright... since barbs can do it too, I will keep mine.. haha.
In my case particularly, I made the barb for that very purpose - hold two-hand swords.

Thank you and cheers,
Alts
Doom - Berserker
Trento - Ninja
Corpse - Death Mage
Uruk - Assassin
Lancelot - Paladin

Return to “Archive Chat”