EEE

killa

EEE

Postby killa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:31 am

8-)
Last edited by killa on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: can i get my xp put to another char

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:09 am

Sorry this is not going to happen. Again I will give people a free re-allocation for stats but you won't be able to simply change your race because of it.

This is a over on the top request. If I were to do this, you know how much issues/drama/etc this would cause? Everyone would want to change their race when they realize they aren't happy with it, and then I would have to honor it, otherwise people would be fissing huge about it, and it would be a legit bitch fest for doing so.

I understand it's a pain, but I am still working on AGI. Yes, AGI will matter, but I want both Half-Orcs and Lings to be useful in situations. If you think a half orc will be useful in all situations, you are wrong. If you think a ling is going to be useful in all situations, you're wrong. All classes and races should have strengths and weaknesses when put up against. This isn't like rok where slayers dominate 95% of the game, and it shouldn't be.

I do not know what you mean by this game being like ROK. You do know post crash the game was dominated by half orc slayers right? AGI made no difference, no one used lings/etc. I'm pretty sure 70% of ROK was half-orc slayers before it crashed. So if anything, it might be a little bit of the opposite righ tnow.

Half-Orcs are probably far suited towards using +1 str and being chanced based hits. The damage will go higher as better weapon come out, and it will benefit the high STR classes more then the lower ones. Having +2 str over other classes in general could be an interesting thing to test. But a 24 str HO with the OAD daggers when they come out will hit for about 764 with two of them on div when it hits the highest.

Half-Orcs themselves might need balancing too. This is not off the plate as well. Races are not SET IN STONE. I can see why often someone would chose 23str/22agi/19end over it. Maybe saurians need changing too. etc etc. This is why I will be giving free re-allocations, once I figure this out. The thing with half orcs is I do like their hard hitting abilities, but it needs a fine too.

I.E. do you take a saurian with 23 str, 22 agi, 19 end.
do you take a half orc with 24 str, 19 agi, 22 end. etc.
maybe 23 str, 20 agi, 22 end.

With 22 END, theres a high chance vs a saurian you will take 2-3 hits more, or at least another backstab vs saurian though. But obviously you will get hit more. The difference betwen 19 and 22 agi is 6% for and 6% against (so 46% vs 34%)

Thing is, I could eventually see half orcs having 24 str as a base line, but it all needs testing again.

===

I do apologize for the changes and I understand why you are frustrated, but I need to make sure everything has a role, including half-orcs. But you'll have to wait and test slowly. Nothing is done in a day, it will take a bit to get everything the way it should be. Sorry mate.

killa

Postby killa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:23 am

k

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 am

Jeez, after that win yesterday, everyone wants to change their stats and reroll eh... I should be proud!

killa

Postby killa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:39 am

Yep when a saurian hits 3 of 4 to my 1 of 4 and all 3 hits are HARDER i wonder the point of a half orc. Just delete this post someone i cant I already made a new char don't want to be trolled ill just do the 800m xp to get 1 char i don't care

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:24 pm

killa wrote:Yep when a saurian hits 3 of 4 to my 1 of 4 and all 3 hits are HARDER i wonder the point of a half orc. Just delete this post someone i cant I already made a new char don't want to be trolled ill just do the 800m xp to get 1 char i don't care

I mean, the damage is similar yeah right now. 23 vs 22 str means that there will be some overlap in damage values.

Again I'll be looking at half-orcs in the near future anyways

Return to “Archive Chat”