Holy Symbols for Clerics (hand held).

daedroth

Holy Symbols for Clerics (hand held).

Postby daedroth » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:04 am

This is just a random idea I had.

Hand held holy symbols for clerics. I was thinking of something similar for mage types (spell foci) but it wouldn't work since they would not be sacrificing anything (clerics will be sacrificing shield slot).
Think old vampire movies, where the good guy is carrying a big ass crucifix.
So for the sacrifice of defence (their shield), they gain an increase in spell effieciency (+INT?), maybe some MR as well (maybe make them OP vs casters).

Honestly not sure if this would be balance-able or not.
Like I said, just a random idea.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Re: Holy Symbols for Clerics (hand held).

Postby Styx » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:17 am

Sounds like a good idea for a new oad, but I'd go with a regularly weapon though

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 am

How about a necklace that adds int? +1 maybe but maybe a -2 AC. Make it so it's single equip only and that if any other int items are added it can't be stacked past +1. So say you have a elf cleric with max int but +1 agi you can have +1 int and +1 agi. Seems to be a good idea as long as it's balanced with a Ying and yang. Really have to tread lightly in this area so we don't have godly chars walking around.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:19 am

If this is implemented it needs to have a oad item and a quest line to complete. Need to work to have those nice stats.

Return to “Archive Chat”