Temple Images

daedroth

Temple Images

Postby daedroth » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:22 am

Just a little thing.
All the temples have crosses in their images. Would it be hard to change the graphics so that the temple showed the appropriate symbol instead of a cross (flame for fire temple etc).
Was not sure whether to put this as a request or not, because it is not quite a request. I just think it strange that the temples use the RL symbol of a crucifix instead of the ones in the game (although I think I know why - it is easier to have all temples the same; just the colours are different).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Temple Images

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:30 am

daedroth wrote:Just a little thing.
All the temples have crosses in their images. Would it be hard to change the graphics so that the temple showed the appropriate symbol instead of a cross (flame for fire temple etc).
Was not sure whether to put this as a request or not, because it is not quite a request. I just think it strange that the temples use the RL symbol of a crucifix instead of the ones in the game (although I think I know why - it is easier to have all temples the same; just the colours are different).

I don't think we have the originals, would be interesting though. Maybe Tristan or someone can edit em.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 pm

I could probably edit the ones we have via photoshop and do something cool with them like this. I'll mess around with it and post back here what I come up with.

I never did like the idea of a christian faith symbol being used in a fantasy game.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Cerebrus wrote:I could probably edit the ones we have via photoshop and do something cool with them like this. I'll mess around with it and post back here what I come up with.

I never did like the idea of a christian faith symbol being used in a fantasy game.

Yeh thats what I thought too, glad it wasn't just me :)
The easy option is just replace the crucifix with the divinity symbol that we see on our character screen (I am guessing). However if you want to be more creative Cerebrus, thats cool too :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:13 pm

What about something like this?

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Not sure I like the center part and I need to fix the little symbols on the banners so they arent squished

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Personally, I'd like to see some Saurians sitting in the pews, but other than, it's much better, Cerebrus!

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:34 pm

With a little polish yea, looks much nicer.
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Yeah for sure, just threw this together as a sample to see if it's along the lines as what was requested

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Take this image and modify it. it will probably be alot nicer. Did it in photoshop.

I don't think you should use the center image, its way to pixel-lated and huge, looks ugly.

The images for the flags are OK but they should be in proportion. I'm not sure why you sized them height wise so large, they are distorted because of it, size width+height the same as original when you scale the divinity images.

P.S> your flags are better if you want to change them, I don't care either or though on that part.
Attachments
00649.png
00649.png (119.08 KiB) Viewed 5608 times

Return to “Archive Chat”