Paging location.

daedroth

Paging location.

Postby daedroth » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:23 am

I cant remember, but is there a way to hide your location for when you page people? I know it was in Nightmist, was not in old rok (right?).

If not consider this a request. :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Cerebrus

Re: Paging location.

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:02 pm

Nope, just a way to hide your location in /g

/gloc

I wouldnt want page locations hidden. Always fun to trick someone in to giving up their location and hunting them down lol

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 pm

Well I remember some "new player" broadcasting they wanted help, I debated whether I should page or not :)
And yeh it can be fun to bait people that way ;)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:00 pm

If a player is abusing the system to get kills, I will ban em. They shouldn't be using it. By abusing it you ensure that new players won't get help because vets are afraid that is someone on a newbie account to fish for players locations.

It's illegal to generally do, and it goes generally with abuse of the game. Don't do it. If you suspect someone using it, report it.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:00 am

NiteHawk wrote:If a player is abusing the system to get kills, I will ban em. They shouldn't be using it. By abusing it you ensure that new players won't get help because vets are afraid that is someone on a newbie account to fish for players locations.

It's illegal to generally do, and it goes generally with abuse of the game. Don't do it. If you suspect someone using it, report it.

I never actually used that tactic myself, but I can see the advantages for pkers to do it (and people wanting to know if you are going for certain keys and such). So caveat emptor to the peoeple who reply. It has definitely been tried on me in game (I usually just ignored the pager). If I ever do reply I do it with the knowledge I may have a visit soon.

I sometimes talk to people in rival clans (and although the people seem decent enough) so it would be nice to have a way to hide my page location.

It seems weird to me that there is a way to hide your location from your own clan, but no way to hide your location from the people you page.

Basically though, if something can be exploited, it will be. The people in this game can be pretty inventive.
I love sheep.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 am

NiteHawk wrote:If a player is abusing the system to get kills, I will ban em. They shouldn't be using it. By abusing it you ensure that new players won't get help because vets are afraid that is someone on a newbie account to fish for players locations.

You're referring to the newbie channel?

I was talking about paging someone asking them a random question in hopes they answer so we can hunt them lol

Like /p %Playername%: Hey have seen so and so on today?

%Playername% is paging you from the wastelands: Nope havent seen them.

Then you go hunting in wastelands.

Wasnt referring to baiting newbies to kill them. Cant do that anyways since there are level restrictions on pking. :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:35 am

Actually newbie question, and kind of ironic, but how do you use the newbie channel? When I see someone broadcasting in there asking for help, I usually just page them.
Halp!
I love sheep.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 am

You can't talk back in the channel because it's abusable and everyone would join it to use it as a global chat lol.

You have to page them to answer their questions

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:42 am

@Cerebrus cheers man, I was hoping it was that (coz I looked EVERYWHERE!) :)
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:48 pm

global chat should be a thing, just cost 100 gold per response :D
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”