Divinity

Kruell

Divinity

Postby Kruell » Fri May 27, 2016 7:50 pm

We all know the basic 5, but does anyone remember the rumors swirling around about the Chaos div? Lance never implimented the two other divs to my knowledge. One "Chaos" was rumored to have "div" on every other and was a monster only. The other "Void" was the opposite of Chaos and was to be for monsters as well as a punishment for recalcatrant players. While I don't suggest using those two examples exactly, I would lay in the code so they aren't prohibited later.

The reason I throw this stuff out is I remember how hard it could be to go and change something later that you didn't allow for at the start.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Divinity

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 27, 2016 7:59 pm

It's super easy.

I can add and remove divs with a file. I can also specify any weaknesses or strength divinities in it. Could have divinities with multiple weaknesses or strengths for example too. You specify the god there too if any.

Got it covered though if we ever add a neutral div or something else.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Fri May 27, 2016 8:32 pm

A neutral god is in the works lore wise. We forgot about it the first go around, but now I have a bitching idea for it, so it'll be around Soon™
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Grahf

Postby Grahf » Sat May 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Are the God's names set in stone or still up for development?

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sat May 28, 2016 3:10 pm

The elemental ones are set, but the neutral ones are still up for discussion if you have some suggestions after I post up the little bit of lore fore them
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Sun May 29, 2016 1:04 am

By neutral do you insinuate no bonus damage delivered or taken from any div what so ever? That may cause a balance issue overall and just flood the market with neutral characters. Or the opposite effect with "Chaos" causing everyone to hit and take more damage? That may present a steep slope

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Sun May 29, 2016 3:01 am

In a written and played out respect neutral div just may mean no bonuses one way or the next, which may not actually be implemented as a new divinity immediately or at all, the possibility is there however. That said, having things written out that may be possibilities especially early on if there is consensus may make it easier to implement later if there ever comes the standard for it, which I think is what Kruell was making reference to and NiteHawk confirmed and Sats carried out on. New divs require new ideas and new utilizations immediately if they are going to happen (I think because it's like imagining a 2.0 version of a very essential game engine) but usually also require a standard for use to make them useful either in terms of the mechanic of how a crit works or in terms of stats or in terms of other divinities. Atleast two of those functions should be fulfilled because divs are a big part of this game and like stated before if a neutral div IS introduced there needs to also be a 6th I think for antithesis or balance.

To me on the short term this all confuses things more depending on what either extra div does/may turn out to be and it's use. All that seems a little late game as getting up to a fully functionable standard with the adaptions discussed on forums seems to be the moving intent I think.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Return to “Archive Chat”