OADs

BadCopy

Re: OADs

Postby BadCopy » Sun May 22, 2016 1:29 am

why not just do money sinks for description changes or names changes to gear that dont alter the stats of the weapon that way its still an even playing field

thirdchris

Postby thirdchris » Sun May 22, 2016 11:14 am

Facebook gaming and other free-to-play modules have shown when vanity is involved, people are very interested. I don't know about namechanging items but a forge would be an interesting concept and I doubt there's another MUD that's already done something like this.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun May 22, 2016 3:04 pm

thirdchris wrote:Facebook gaming and other free-to-play modules have shown when vanity is involved, people are very interested. I don't know about namechanging items but a forge would be an interesting concept and I doubt there's another MUD that's already done something like this.

Its very big money and a huge part of their revenue models.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 am

BadCopy wrote:why not just do money sinks for description changes or names changes to gear that dont alter the stats of the weapon that way its still an even playing field

I agree, I don't want money ruining the game, because it will in the end.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Wed May 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Another suggestion would be to class lock oads drops and randomize the drop %. All bosses or some have a percentage to drop items A-L corresponding to classes A-L. It would take a lot longer to equip every character ingame with medium to top tier oads and slow down the market flooding combined with the blacksmithing/7 items + 1 = another.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Wed May 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Top tier OADs are going to be class locked, both weapons and armor, and will come one piece of the set a day. Low and mid tier probably won't be, but there should be enough difference between mid tier damage/AC to justify people running for their sets.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Return to “Archive Chat”