OADs

Mujahideen

OADs

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:28 am

As we all know, down the line the economy becomes stagnate. We have a bunch of OADs coming in the game and only so many players to use them.

I think a possible solution is #1 Having a craft system in place that combines maybe 8 or so OADs into 1 single better item; And #2 to have some sort of limiting factor on the number of high OADs that enter the game in the first place to put pressure on people to use the craft system thus raising the demand for OADs.

I think the highest OADs of each category of items (heavy armor, medium armor, light armor, helmet, staff, dagger, sword, hammer, shield) should require the same key to run it. And this one key should only spawn once a day. So what we would be looking at here would be a combined total of 365 high OADs in game for a year.

For the medium OADs, no such key needed. And you should be able to craft multiples of the same item into something that equals the highest OADs or something slightly less than the highest OADs but has some sort of div bonus.

For example if you manage to get this key, your clan can run either Ivory Stiletto OR Glyph Kris OR OC OR Draken Mail... Or... if you are not boss enough to get the key, you save up a bunch of medium OADs and craft an item that equals that.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Mujahideen

Re: OADs

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:32 am

And idk, pretty cool of this key was dropped by some big ass tree or something that had a million HP and wasn't located in a place that hard to get to. I think it would be the sight of many a battle.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:33 am

Mujahideen wrote:As we all know, down the line the economy becomes stagnate. We have a bunch of OADs coming in the game and only so many players to use them.

I think a possible solution is #1 Having a craft system in place that combines maybe 8 or so OADs into 1 single better item; And #2 to have some sort of limiting factor on the number of high OADs that enter the game in the first place to put pressure on people to use the craft system thus raising the demand for OADs.

I think the highest OADs of each category of items (heavy armor, medium armor, light armor, helmet, staff, dagger, sword, hammer, shield) should require the same key to run it. And this one key should only spawn once a day. So what we would be looking at here would be a combined total of 365 high OADs in game for a year.

For the medium OADs, no such key needed. And you should be able to craft multiples of the same item into something that equals the highest OADs or something slightly less than the highest OADs but has some sort of div bonus.

For example if you manage to get this key, your clan can run either Ivory Stiletto OR Glyph Kris OR OC OR Draken Mail... Or... if you are not boss enough to get the key, you save up a bunch of medium OADs and craft an item that equals that.

Avoiding ROKS crafting system, which was complicated, this I think is an easier way of doing it, and I think far better. I think for example, you should require 6-8 of one item, and then a 'crafting' element, probably one, that can either be based off an OAD drop or a gold sink item. (I.E. a 25k item). It would work well.

I'm not sure about the key yet, I understand the logic on it, but I'm wondering if it's going to screw over newer players too. I.E. the cheaper oads that can be run by newbies never getting the chance. It's also going to be hard to grab cause X people will camp the area. So ultimately it's not going to be newbie friendly and easier for larger clans to camp areas.

There was also talks (I believe on rok forums) about how SB'ing should bind the item to a character or account. I.E. If an item is SB'd and you equip it, it becomes yours. This means that people won't randomly SB items for no reason. If they want to sell it, it'll probably be raw or decked out but never used yet. I think this would balance the economy alot more then locks too.

Account wise would mean that people only need a set or two of items, which might not work. Character wise would work, and keep the game in order alot more. But both might work ok.

We 'could' have some way of unbinding items. I.E. an item becoming raw again. Perhaps for a fee so it wouldnt' be worth it unless you are going to sell it since it would lose all attributes and become raw (or just lose the SB). Look at it this way, if you needed a 10k item which would un-sb an item so you can move it to another character, and then another 5-10k for the soulstone to SB it again, would you do that? Probably not. Would you to sell it? Yes, you would. This I don't know yet though, cause it might break the whole idea of having OADs not become completely terrible after X years. It's more of an way to make sure that OADS are more useful for a longer period of time if you can somehow unsb items.

Either or I'm just throwing ideas out.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:18 am

For the love of God, PLEASE keep crafting as simple as you suggested.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:34 am

Mujahideen wrote:For the love of God, PLEASE keep crafting as simple as you suggested.

100% agree. We will keep it super simple. 8 OADS + one binding item (either an OAD drop that works for alot of items and people will 'want' to get thsi item') or a gold sink item.

We'll keep it as simple as that, and won't go beyond that I'd say. None of this 'tiered' upgrade stuff from a starting crappy weapon.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:42 am

Yea I say keep crafting simple as well and the idea of binding is a must to keep the economy and game item inventory in check. However I really like the idea of making raw again for some sort of gold sink that way it's a win win item becomes tradeable yet still removing value from the game. I wouldn't mind seeing a stone of unbinding oad or something of the sorts. That along with item level locks to actually make all level oads worth doing rather than just new character: equip best stuff no need for anything else should basically solve any economic problems down the road.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:04 am

Best way to ensure that new players get at least something of a chance to run the low level OADs is to level lock them. That won't stop old players from leveling lows to use for them, but it'll still give newbies a fighting chance, and the only alternative I can think of is to block the area from players who already have max level characters on their accounts.

I like the idea of higher tier OADs only having a chance to drop instead of being assured like BS did. It gives people incentive to do the run, along with the gold sink that comes from buying mana and potions for a hard run, and controls the amount of top tier gear that comes into the economy. Maybe have them drop components for an equivalent item that can be crafted if they don't drop the primary OAD.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:10 am

Satsujin wrote:Best way to ensure that new players get at least something of a chance to run the low level OADs is to level lock them. That won't stop old players from leveling lows to use for them, but it'll still give newbies a fighting chance, and the only alternative I can think of is to block the area from players who already have max level characters on their accounts.

I like the idea of higher tier OADs only having a chance to drop instead of being assured like BS did. It gives people incentive to do the run, along with the gold sink that comes from buying mana and potions for a hard run, and controls the amount of top tier gear that comes into the economy. Maybe have them drop components for an equivalent item that can be crafted if they don't drop the primary OAD.

I think if people like it, then monsters can drop different items depending on the situation. But I think there always should be a drop, and not some useless item or emptiness.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:16 am

NiteHawk wrote:
Satsujin wrote:Best way to ensure that new players get at least something of a chance to run the low level OADs is to level lock them. That won't stop old players from leveling lows to use for them, but it'll still give newbies a fighting chance, and the only alternative I can think of is to block the area from players who already have max level characters on their accounts.

I think if people like it, then monsters can drop different items depending on the situation. But I think there always should be a drop, and not some useless item or emptiness.

Point, I guess. Bosses dropping different items would be nice. Like, say we have Boss A, who is clearly meant to be a thief. A thief would have a dagger and armor at the very minimum, so give them chances to drop one or the other on kill. Is that a thing that's possible, or unrealistic?
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:41 am

Satsujin wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:

Point, I guess. Bosses dropping different items would be nice. Like, say we have Boss A, who is clearly meant to be a thief. A thief would have a dagger and armor at the very minimum, so give them chances to drop one or the other on kill. Is that a thing that's possible, or unrealistic?

Yeah pretty much the idea if people like that.

Return to “Archive Chat”