OADs

Rodeo

Re: OADs

Postby Rodeo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Yea always a drop but not always a no drop situation. NIGHTMIST BOSSESHAF a tendency to drop nothing alot.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:43 pm

So we are saying that Boss A is a thief, and the boss can either drop a dagger or maybe a piece of armor, and its always going to drop at least one of these two items? I would hate if you spent all that time and effort to fight a boss that only exists once a day and then it drop nothing at all

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Yeah. Always drop either one or the other, with maybe a very small chance to drop both of them if that can be done without there having to be a chance it drops nothing.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Well... If we want to put in gold sinks the monsters could either drop the OAD, or drop an item needed to craft the OAD so long as you have purchased the sink.

Monster drops stiletto, you buy the block of ivory.

Or maybe that's a stupid idea, just throwing it out there.

We are gonna need some gold sinks somewhere. Might as well 'tax' the higher OADs?
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Mujahideen wrote:Well... If we want to put in gold sinks the monsters could either drop the OAD, or drop an item needed to craft the OAD so long as you have purchased the sink.

Monster drops stiletto, you buy the block of ivory.

Or maybe that's a stupid idea, just throwing it out there.

We are gonna need some gold sinks somewhere. Might as well 'tax' the higher OADs?

Sounds good to me.

I mean for low level oad items I'd always like to see atleast 1 if not more useable items drop. We are trying to get those new players hooked and excited type thing! Plus with binding to character won't have to worry about that item after its equipped and used.

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:37 pm

A Boss dropping either/or OADs is awesome!

Yue

Postby Yue » Mon May 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Another idea that can completely scratch crafting all together is merging items with a %.

For example, a Blade of Light combined with another Blade of Light can add a +1/+1, but it has a 70% success rate. This will make a Blade of Light(+1) (The +1 doesn't have to show on the weapon when attacking, maybe a diff color or something).

Then for every other combination, another +1/+1 is added but with a lower rate.

If the attempt fails, the original item is destroyed.

What do you guys think? Simple, no crafting, solves the overabundance of OADs issue, the same items work for newbies and pros, etc.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Mon May 02, 2016 5:17 pm

I like that idea Yue and even suggested something similar.

thirdchris

Postby thirdchris » Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 am

sort of related. should maybe make a Blacksmith class. It's base ability would be to increase the base value of the equipment it's wearing and then you could add a simplified crafting system through it's skills.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 20, 2016 7:14 am

thirdchris wrote:sort of related. should maybe make a Blacksmith class. It's base ability would be to increase the base value of the equipment it's wearing and then you could add a simplified crafting system through it's skills.

Could be a possibility in any case to do something like that. Could be a class that adds the ember to an item too.

Return to “Archive Chat”