Logging off exploitation.

Folder

Re: Logging off exploitation.

Postby Folder » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:52 am

Terron wrote:logging isn't as game breaking as alts are. you are saying logging for one purpose is fine but not another, all for a slight chance at a pk in some situations. I get where you're coming from but it isn't that big of a deal imo.

That's your opinion. It absolutely is GAME RUINING to me when people use logging to secure items or run from a pk attempt. I almost quit entirely because of it.

Terron wrote:personally i log in and out about 100x a day using my high level monk to critically wound good exp monsters for my shitty lowbies.

Ok, well. That's basically a hack around the 1 alt thing. I see now why you don't want a logoff timer lol.

Terron wrote:because it is relatively easy to train copius amounts of alts, a person could just set a large number of characters on important squares and log them all simultaneously slinging what would seem as unlimited amounts of stamina.

What? When you log in your stamina timer is reset. So if you use it all and then log out, it'll restart from 0 seconds when you log back in.

10-15 second combat timer, or whatever NH feels is easiest/most appropriate. It doesn't need to be so complicated. Please just fix the logging bullshit because people will always abuse whatever they can.
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:26 am

That last bit is untrue. If you log out with no stam, you will be exhausted when you log back in. At least from what I've experienced, thats been the case.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:34 am

That's what I said Cere. Or at least what I meant lol.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 pm

you can run multiple characters to the same square that aren't exhausted and machinegun stamina. ive already tested it lol. i can do about 4 characters in 10 seconds. so if i autosneak or hide a thief/assassin on mort wraith for instance, i could wait for an enemy to stam out and sling 15-20 stamina on him with 3-4 monks lol.(this is why it should be a minimum of 5 seconds)

i think making a copy of the current combat timer, and setting the copy to reflect player attacks is the most feasible option. if youre under attack you can run/run and hide, whatever. aslong as logging under duress from other players is prohibited.(this would count both attacking and being attacked)

@folder it is still almost impossible to kill the player with a short log off timer. it isn't changing much at all. you realize at a 40% pvp hit rate and needing to land about 7-8 attacks, .4x.4x.4x.4x.4x.4x.4 isnt even a 1% chance you will kill the logging player anyway. you can argue that you have a party and all could attack but that's irrelevant because if you had a party worth of attacks you could have killed him while he was hitting the monster in the first place...

this is why i said the dropped item should be party locked for 30 seconds. in conjunction with a player combat timer, it would be very hard to steal an enemies item(s) w/o getting attacked and having a difficult time escaping with the item, but its still possible.

me killing risen on lvl 8s isnt very problematic because i wouldnt do it if anyone was online to party up when i have time to play. noone is doing shit during late hours of PST, this game is time horrid for west coasters.(nothing is in, ive never seen a key battle,oad, or even have anything to rob on my thief lol. its already cleared) besides the fact that im pretty much done getting every class to 17+ already. highly doubt ill make duplicates with nothing to do but train, unless the ability to train crits in trade for endgame equips arises.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Terron wrote:i think making a copy of the current combat timer, and setting the copy to reflect player attacks is the most feasible option. if youre under attack you can run/run and hide, whatever. aslong as logging under duress from other players is prohibited.(this would count both attacking and being attacked)

Yes, of course. This is always how I envisioned it working. Solves the issue.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Folder wrote:
Terron wrote:i think making a copy of the current combat timer, and setting the copy to reflect player attacks is the most feasible option. if youre under attack you can run/run and hide, whatever. as long as logging under duress from other players is prohibited.(this would count both attacking and being attacked)

Yes, of course. This is always how I envisioned it working. Solves the issue.

The problem with this right now is that character is bound to the slot, and when the character leaves, the character data is destroyed. It's overall a nightmare but I'm trying to see if there are any easy ways of dealing with it. I thought that a simple hold the character data would work but it won't, because when you disconnect completely, the slot is completely cleared. Saying to store it elsewhere is one thing vs actually doing it. On top of that functions use the sessions list to get data, such as searching for a player to attack, etc etc. It's more than just a small change. I'm not sure where to even start with it yet. If I had thought about this ahead of time and made a list where the player was linked to the slot using a variable for calling, then you'd just have a player list you loop rather then a session list. Would of saved me alot of problems, but it ain't like this, so yeah, goody.

However, I think it needs to include PVE too to be honest, otherwise people will logoff after getting keys right on the square. As long as you can relog said character it should be fine.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:45 pm

i get what youre saying, that kinda sux.

i dont think theres a problem with logging with the keys aslong as you arent under attack from other players, i dont see anyone logging if they arent in a risky pvp situation. why would you lol.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:59 am

Well
The changes are annoying
But i approve of them
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Commander KO
Location: I do lines and I crossed roads I crossed the lines of all the great state roads

Postby Commander KO » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm

panda might be the greater idealists in the matter of once you strike you don't run or log, yet considering ghosting as an exploit should be discarded for the coding allows it, it always allows for cowardice of falling fair on your square gambling experience and obituary.

but let us do that too irl and haha we will never be defeated, but i still see it as weak AF as weak as old rokian bug tripping to crash the server for whatever reason....

who here or near can show me how to do it irl...
Only fools fight in burning houses

afi / december underground

eyes set to kill f1 darling don't lie to me, don't mind me i'm only dying and behind these masks we renegade, against the sound

from first to last ♡ secrets don't make friends

Commander KO
Location: I do lines and I crossed roads I crossed the lines of all the great state roads

Postby Commander KO » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:02 pm

(*V*) Only fools fight in burning houses (*V*)

and we burn and still fight...

so apologies if i address our relation to the coding more than the classic armchair coding variations we offer...

but to that i say make all on a square warp to a battle stage and those left can stop attack to trigger a timer to warp back.

can that be coded muh ngz?
Only fools fight in burning houses

afi / december underground

eyes set to kill f1 darling don't lie to me, don't mind me i'm only dying and behind these masks we renegade, against the sound

from first to last ♡ secrets don't make friends

Return to “Archive Chat”