Logging off exploitation.

daedroth

Re: Logging off exploitation.

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Scare wrote:Someone obviously doesn't have enough boob in their life.

Well ok perhaps I have exaggerated slightly with what I said in my previous comment, my apologies. I shall endeavour to be more literal in future in case I am misintepreted.

PS. Your right I do :(
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:00 pm

I do agree that there should be a logoff timer or some sort. Implementing it is kind of a nightmare hassle right now but I will attempt too eventually.

You shouldn't be able to log off to get to safety, it's cheap.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:40 pm

I hope this gets done soon. I don't mind getting beat at keys etc, but getting beat because someone logs with the keys is just... ewww. Why not just run Mr. Gump?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:45 pm

waiting any amount of time to swap characters is retarded. you cant honestly value a "chance at a pk" more than the hassle of tapping impatiently as you try and switch alts, or using a sneaky character to run supplies to wait more, or how shitty it will be when 6 people want to swap alts to form a boss/training party? mixed in with all the bs timers and the "ill log on after this is done" could be a waste of 10-20 minutes.

i cant honestly see the timer higher than 10 seconds without it being more annoying than its worth.

"hey im getting attacked at this orange boss, can you help me teammate? "nah, no point itll be dead 2x over before my alt logs in."

i think the problem is you can log off indefinitely and next day boom you're in a temple safe zone(this can be highly abused by thief cause there is no reason to be online after you rob the grid anyway)

better changes would include;
-items that drop are locked to the KSer's party for 30 seconds(only thief could break this rule)
(yes that promotes trying to kill steal opposed to tap /get macro, meaning you are out in the open for counterattack)
-characters cannot log off unless in a safe-zone(guarded town/temple)
(sucks for newer players to explore but it can be easily addressed via wiki, to get help with exploration from a clan/veteran/helper)
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Terron wrote:better changes would include;
-items that drop are locked to the KSer's party for 30 seconds(only thief could break this rule)
(yes that promotes trying to kill steal opposed to tap /get macro, meaning you are out in the open for counterattack)
-characters cannot log off unless in a safe-zone(guarded town/temple)
(sucks for newer players to explore but it can be easily addressed via wiki, to get help with exploration from a clan/veteran/helper)

Not a fun of locking loot to a group. Safe zone could maybe be a thing, but tbh this sounds like it would be way more annoying than a 10-15 second logout timer. If you're in the middle of Dreads and need to go what then? It might take you 5 mins to fight your way back out.

Logging blows, it's game breaking imo.
<Silhouette>

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Nighthawk has a lot of things to do, finish new scripting so staff can build new oad areas etc, let alone the difficulty to design new client after. And programming it for log off timer based on multiple instances. And connection speeds etc.

I think nighthawk has enough on the table to work on and we should wait till this game get caught up and just enjoy the hard work that's been done.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Except it's not enjoyable when logging is exploited so much.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:57 pm

logging isn't as game breaking as alts are. you are saying logging for one purpose is fine but not another, all for a slight chance at a pk in some situations. I get where you're coming from but it isn't that big of a deal imo.

personally i log in and out about 100x a day using my high level monk to critically wound good exp monsters for my shitty lowbies. because the game isn't as enjoyable smashin 24-35s and hundreds of misses and gulping pots every 2 rounds so you can kill a bear. granted it does get to the point(lvl 18 or so) all you do is wait for an exp party to exploit fast ks exp. at times this is even less exciting than slaying potions to achieve a bear kill. its better just hyper training to 16+ in an hour or so. so your crits are atleast semi fun solo, when noone is partying. personally id like questlines to account for gear, gold, and all the exp for 1-25 but that's a long ways off id imagine.

i have played a few games where alts are allowed but only on a per day instance. your first login was the crit you were allowed that day. several of them had level caps between 25 and 30. new characters were graced until 10-15 on those games. not a fan with such a limited playerbase, but a possibility if it ever booms.

log off timers longer than 10 seconds wont be favorable by most new players if you ever get any. i do however believe there should be a short timer. because it is relatively easy to train copius amounts of alts, a person could just set a large number of characters on important squares and log them all simultaneously slinging what would seem as unlimited amounts of stamina.

i think the combat timer would be an adequate log off timer, if it was changed to consider players and monsters differently. that way if a player is lost or left behind they can log until finding help, and players directly under attack cannot log unless not under attack for awhile.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:40 am

Terron wrote:logging isn't as game breaking as alts are. you are saying logging for one purpose is fine but not another, all for a slight chance at a pk in some situations. I get where you're coming from but it isn't that big of a deal imo.

personally i log in and out about 100x a day using my high level monk to critically wound good exp monsters for my shitty lowbies. because the game isn't as enjoyable smashin 24-35s and hundreds of misses and gulping pots every 2 rounds so you can kill a bear. granted it does get to the point(lvl 18 or so) all you do is wait for an exp party to exploit fast ks exp. at times this is even less exciting than slaying potions to achieve a bear kill. its better just hyper training to 16+ in an hour or so. so your crits are atleast semi fun solo, when noone is partying. personally id like questlines to account for gear, gold, and all the exp for 1-25 but that's a long ways off id imagine.

i have played a few games where alts are allowed but only on a per day instance. your first login was the crit you were allowed that day. several of them had level caps between 25 and 30. new characters were graced until 10-15 on those games. not a fan with such a limited playerbase, but a possibility if it ever booms.

log off timers longer than 10 seconds wont be favorable by most new players if you ever get any. i do however believe there should be a short timer. because it is relatively easy to train copius amounts of alts, a person could just set a large number of characters on important squares and log them all simultaneously slinging what would seem as unlimited amounts of stamina.

i think the combat timer would be an adequate log off timer, if it was changed to consider players and monsters differently. that way if a player is lost or left behind they can log until finding help, and players directly under attack cannot log unless not under attack for awhile.

Combat timer would be a good one but the issue comes that if you log off anywhere with an NPC you will die, for sure. There does need to be something to prevent it, a 15-25 second timer would be okay, two or three rounds extra virtually.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:09 am

One of my thoughts when I originally started this thread was using the combat timer, but then I realised it would get reset every time the person logging got attacked (which would not be fair either).
A flat timer would work best.

Also, as Vindal mentioned, it would be good if there was some kind of idle disconnect as well. If the game receives no signals from the source of a character (the Pc, internet connection) then the character is automatically disconnected (would help with ghosting issues). Not sure how feasible this is though.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”