Logging off exploitation.

daedroth

Logging off exploitation.

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Right, not sure how this one will be perceived.
Ever hated when someone logged out to avoid being pkd/to drop steal etc?
I play another game where even after you log out you remain in game for 3 minutes... i found this out the hard way (no one was around me at the time... but logged on dead losing lots of shit, and wondered wtf happened?).
"Off" is written in brackets, by their name.
I am not suggesting anything as long as 3 minutes, i think that is too much, but maybe some delay in logging off?
I know it will be inconvenient (I have 2 kids, random shit happens with them, but such is life).
I am also not bothered if this is implemented, it is just something I witnessed in another game.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Re: Logging off exploitation.

Postby Lateralus » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:56 pm

I wouldnt mind seeing this but im not sure how complicated it would be programming wise and if problems from it would pop bug wise. Think 3 mins is a bit long maybe like 1min?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Yeh I think 3 minutes is too long as well, its just the time the other game used.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:58 pm

With this would come an issue with people DCing accidentally and getting killed. Possibly while holding an expensive item that is not SBed or a ton of gold.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Oh yeh, Im aware of accidental disconnects, but a lot of the time it tends to affect all people. In olden days bad internet could be blamed, but most internet connections are fast now. Right now im having a problem with our phone wire, phone calls kills my internet, hanging up also does this. Also a lot of the time when accidental discons happen your ghosted anyway.
Hmm... do I sound bad by saying, "sometimes shit happens"?
I love sheep.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:12 pm

With a 3 minute delay it would prevent the user from logging back on in the case of accidental disconnect, might be a bad idea because of that.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:26 pm

15 to 30 secs that's enough time to get a round off into them before they log off so when they do log back on they don't get off Scott free. It could be adjusted so no more than a round can be got in.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:14 am

Well, as i said several times, the 3 minute logout is what the other game uses and I think that is too long; but some kind of delay would be nice. Right now this would affect me quite badly, problem with wire and two young kids to look after means random doscons (I am actually ghosting right now coz internet flurbed on me, pretty sure im dead too). I think server stability would be a factor in this, as in if the server is screwy (ala old rok) it may be a pain in the ass (but as I also said, then its not just you getting affected).

Wow, still ghosted, thats far more than 3 minutes :D
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:05 am

Decided to ressurect this posting because it seems that some people are very brave when their out pking on 25ths, but when the situation is reversed they logg off like p*****s (although in this case it was a pkk, and kudos to those who stayed).

I am so tempted to name and shame...

It is a Horrid tactic, and needs to be hit on the head with a Mallet.

Anyway, could there be a cool down introduced that stops you gfrom logging off when youve been in combat (like the eating food one but twice as long)?
The simplest would be to just combine it with the combat cooler, but eh...
I love sheep.

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:54 am

daedroth wrote:Decided to ressurect this posting because it seems that some people are very brave when their out pking on 25ths, but when the situation is reversed they logg off like p*****s (although in this case it was a pkk, and kudos to those who stayed).

I am so tempted to name and shame...

It is a Horrid tactic, and needs to be hit on the head with a Mallet.

Anyway, could there be a cool down introduced that stops you gfrom logging off when youve been in combat (like the eating food one but twice as long)?
The simplest would be to just combine it with the combat cooler, but eh...

I hear you. I got no problem that saying yes when your crew of SIX 25ers shows up to our leveling group of level 20s that I log off of my leveler and onto my 25er to try and defend our group. I will absolutely claim this behavior without a problem. If you want me to go one square north next time onto a safe zone before switching over I have no problem doing that instead. I don't call out anytime you Silo babies log out during a PK.

I will also say fuck you to your face instead of that nonsense you just posted.
Last edited by Vindal on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive Chat”