Logging off exploitation.

Vindal

Re: Logging off exploitation.

Postby Vindal » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:57 am

On a constructive note I see no problem with a logout timer of 30ish seconds when a disconnect happens. It kind of makes sense. But also 30 seconds for a level 8 soloing a mob is more than likely a death. I can argue in favor or against it either way.

Also still fuck you.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:13 am

Vindal wrote:On a constructive note I see no problem with a logout timer of 30ish seconds when a disconnect happens. It kind of makes sense. But also 30 seconds for a level 8 soloing a mob is more than likely a death. I can argue in favor of it either way.

Also still fuck you.

Touch a nerve did I?

I cannot speak for my clannies (I have never witnessed any of them logg off to avoid being pk'd, but I am not on all the time), but I have never logged of when there has been a pk attempt on me, even when I was new (to Rok) and even when I had stuff to lose. I would fight or flee.
Personally I think you are just saying that to save face or to vindicate yourself, but nm.
How you react is entirely up to you, I just find logging off lame. Fight or flee (to a safe spot - not one square away, unless it is a safe spot) THEN log on your 25th.
I thought better of you man.

Dying at level 8 to a mob or pker is not really much of a set back. What about jumping out of the room first (with regards to mob)?
If your speaking on behalf of newbies, it will be a learning experience for them. They will remember not to allow themselves to get into such a predicament the next time (ie: low on health oopsie better take evasive maneuvers, have pots, use pots).
Sorry but that argument is lame also.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:30 am

I don't care to stand and fight, and I don't care to lose xp when necessary. I stand my ground plenty and I die plenty. This time I logged onto my alt to try and come protect my clannies and didn't think of it any more than that. Feel like you're owed a kill? Shoot me a page and I will come let you take one of my leveling alts out if it will make you feel better, I will just spend eight minutes leveling it back.

I was just speaking in general. As I said I personally think it makes sense to have a delay timer whether the logout is purposely or accidental. Whether the lesson is don't run or buy better internet I think both make for a better gaming experience.

Lavelia

Postby Lavelia » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:11 am

I see this going horrifically wrong for those that end up disconnecting from the game. I personally have this issue from time to time and, in all honesty, when I'm leveling on my alts and I get hit with a disconnect then, for whatever reason, end up ghosting because of it I worry. Because I seldom go up against mobs that are weaker than my character, which means that every second I'm ghosted in game (which is basically what you're recommending to have happen) there's a high chance my character is going to die because I can't heal. Yes, internet is faster but it's not always reliable. Power outages happen, disconnects happen due to weather, the ISP decides it needs to do an update to their network, or you live in a part of the world with crappy internet services (a friend of mine lives out in the country and they have satellite internet and it causes disconnects a lot) this idea would harm the game more than help it.

As for logging out while pking....you know what was done on Nightmist when that happened? A party would sit on the square until the player logged back in and then the battle would resume. It was effective. Annoying, but effective.

Logging off in an instant is something that players should be able to do because as someone already said in this thread, stuff happens. I don't think normal players should be penalized for something that happens during PVP in all honesty and this suggestion to add a timer to log out is just that, imposing a penalty on regular players. Anyways, that's my opinion on this matter.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:36 am

But the choice to log off is surely seen as a command from the user (you go to the options and choose to log out right or click on the windows close option?) so isn't there a way for the game to differentiate between that and your internet connection going wonky?

My proposal would not have any effect ghosting however or random disconnects you mention, that would happen regardless.
However there should be an idle disconnect with a variable setting chosen by the play (ala old rok). That might save some asses if you set it short enough. Or if there is a way for the game to see that there is on longer any communication from your end, then you get auto disconnected after a count of 30 (that would possibly help with ghosting), kinda like Vindal said.

Also this would affect me a lot, since I go afk/log off to deal with my kids or answer the commands of my wife and such like, but such is life. I will either try n take an extra couple of seconds to get to safe spot and log or take my chances and log off where i am.

As for the loses. There is not much, all of which are easily gained back, money/exp/items.

Also a countdown rather than a combat specific one, as in you cant be locked online by something attacking you.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Thi

Postby Thi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:03 am

I lol'd at this post, struck a nerve right on.

I do agree with the log off timer, and quite possibly another timer to enter safe zones after being in a pvp fight.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:28 am

I would like to see it where not only can you not log off for a minute, but you also can't run more than 1 square from the original spot where you got attacked by another player for 30 seconds.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:50 am

Mujahideen wrote:I would like to see it where not only can you not log off for a minute, but you also can't run more than 1 square from the original spot where you got attacked by another player for 30 seconds.

lol that's way too harsh.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:16 am

Folder wrote:
Mujahideen wrote:I would like to see it where not only can you not log off for a minute, but you also can't run more than 1 square from the original spot where you got attacked by another player for 30 seconds.

lol that's way too harsh.

Not for pkers; pkers wet dream :D
Imagine how many people would rage quit... OMG! I would be forced to stand and fight! :shock:
I love sheep.

Scare

Postby Scare » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:49 pm

Someone obviously doesn't have enough boob in their life.

Return to “Archive Chat”