Stores

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Stores

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:42 am

I have three real ways of doing this.

First up is ROK buttons. You click the Buy button then all the buttons change to the actual item names with price. You purchase via clicking.

Second is more SOE like. You click buy and a small interface appears that contains the item image. Though it was a bit large, I'd condense it so that about 10 items can fit in the shop, though will have a scrollbar if there is any more. You hover over the item image to see the price and name. You click the item to purchase via clicking. Shift-click to purchase a stack.

Final is a mix between the two. You click buy and a small interface appears with the item image/name/price. You can just click to purchase or shift-click to stack purchase. The listing will be vertical, much like ROKs was, and once you are done or you leave the shop the interface will vanish.

---
I'll attempt to make it small and clean, rather then how SOEs was regardless in option 2 and 3. I'd say option 3 is the best, but people might just prefer buying via button (option 1), which is okay too.

---
I'd also like to point out there is already a bank and item vault in place. The item vault is a popup but its justified. Eventually you will be able to use the item value to share between toons on your account.

Rodeo

Re: Stores

Postby Rodeo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:51 am

Can we use actuall command to buy stacks aswell? So we can macro buy like we did in RoK? Of so 3 is good with that added option.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:04 am

I think clicking is fine, I'm sure people would run scripts to buy potions and level off of monsters.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:12 pm

I think keeping popups to a minimum is best. Less clutter, less design, less work.

Would like to have the ability to sell to a shop without being able to buy tho.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Lateralus wrote:I think keeping popups to a minimum is best. Less clutter, less design, less work.

Would like to have the ability to sell to a shop without being able to buy tho.

That's already in. The issue is the buttons never really displayed well when items were a higher price. I don't mind it though either if we just go the button route.

Return to “Archive Chat”