Pre bound decked equipment.

Thoth

Re: Pre bound decked equipment.

Postby Thoth » Thu May 05, 2016 1:53 pm

I like the idea of a stupidly overpriced set of items that deck things individually with a bless or an enchantment until full decking. It also sets the standard to market decking if you have a decking crew. Also at the same time you could sell a single item that is WAY overpriced that will do a full decking and you can have it slightly outweigh the cost of each individual item's costs combined. It would be a good way to start since no one has a decking crew. Also it would not deter people from still WANTING to build a decking crew....why buy the cow if you understand my meaning....plus like I said because of it decking becomes a saleable asset.

Maybe if enough people like the idea you can build said items and put them for sale in your town?

Lastly as for the prebound items....maybe some low level items and OADs initially should come predecked (Honeywood Staff and stuff from Rodeo's area) but probably just anything below like level 15 if that is where low levels end. After that any high end items should have to be decked minus any like token items that you purchase because of things like event wins and such.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Thoth wrote:I like the idea of a stupidly overpriced set of items that deck things individually with a bless or an enchantment until full decking. It also sets the standard to market decking if you have a decking crew. Also at the same time you could sell a single item that is WAY overpriced that will do a full decking and you can have it slightly outweigh the cost of each individual item's costs combined. It would be a good way to start since no one has a decking crew. Also it would not deter people from still WANTING to build a decking crew....why buy the cow if you understand my meaning....plus like I said because of it decking becomes a saleable asset.

Maybe if enough people like the idea you can build said items and put them for sale in your town?

Lastly as for the prebound items....maybe some low level items and OADs initially should come predecked (Honeywood Staff and stuff from Rodeo's area) but probably just anything below like level 15 if that is where low levels end. After that any high end items should have to be decked minus any like token items that you purchase because of things like event wins and such.

Like it!

I believe there will be an website / Ingame sale site so everyone will have their own shop.

Think of how nightmist works you can browse and buy stuff on the site.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 05, 2016 9:18 pm

I think pre bound (not necessarily decked but could have some stuff on it depending on the town? forest town might have all items earth blessed, magical town would have soft enchants on items) items up to level 15 is a good idea. It wouldn't have to be all items just an option for the safe player atleast.

I would also like to see temples be able to bless for a price maybe 1-3K? It would give the game a bit more RP feel maybe your div would do it for a discount or you could only get a bless from your div? I wouldn't mind seeing the magic shop being able to SB and enchant items either.

For example the starting town can SB items for a price maybe 3-5k? and only do dull enchants but some of the higher level cites could do soft enchants? (save bright for only enchanters?)

Just spit firing here.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Thu May 05, 2016 9:22 pm

I like the idea of only getting your God/Goddess to bless your items, that way it builds a little more RP aspect that because you respected them they bless you and make you a little more powerful.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 06, 2016 4:48 am

Can pretty much use your vault to buy/sell in the future maybe. We'll figure it out later though when it comes to site integration.

Could do cheaper blesses but what prevents people from just making 5 characters and getting cheap blesses this way.

I don't want to kill a reason to have a cleric, which are blesses. Blessing should still be convenient in some sort of way (I.E. cheaper when you do it yourself.). People will exploit the system if you give them ANY range to do so. If a bless 'typically' costs someone 500 or 1k, then the bless at a temple should be 3x-4x this. Otherwise whats the point of a bless team. You might as well not put blesses on clerics if it nullifies the use.

Yue

Postby Yue » Mon May 09, 2016 12:37 pm

NiteHawk wrote:I don't want to kill a reason to have a cleric, which are blesses.

I think a lot of people loved playing clerics and priests not because of blesses.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon May 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Yue wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:I don't want to kill a reason to have a cleric, which are blesses.

I think a lot of people loved playing clerics and priests not because of blesses.

Indeed, but they were needed 8)

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:28 am

I would like to see blesses being available in their respective temple, and soulbind also (or cleric/paladin guild). Enchant in the Sorcerer guild. Possibility to level restrict them, but purely optional. So I am for the ideas in this thread, not sure how much that means though :).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:56 am

daedroth wrote:I would like to see blesses being available in their respective temple, and soulbind also (or cleric/paladin guild). Enchant in the Sorcerer guild. Possibility to level restrict them, but purely optional. So I am for the ideas in this thread, not sure how much that means though :).

Maybe certain cities could have one of each? Soulbinder in 1 town. Earth blesser in forest town, night blesser in undead town, etc. Enchanter up to say soft in a magical town? Charge a premium on top of that.

This way it makes a lot more sense to have a blessing team/chanter but it's still possible yet causes the player to explore and travel as well as fitting in some RP elements.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 am

@Lateralus Aye that would work well. Each town could have its speciality (divinity), and also the beginner town may not have many experienced enchanters and would be limited to dull or whatever (like you say)... so yeh that works in an RP way.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”