Pre bound decked equipment.

Rodeo

Pre bound decked equipment.

Postby Rodeo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:05 pm

This was one of RoKs smarter moves. I think it will help new players get started without having to grind gold to SB and deck crappy equipment. Coming from the Era of rok where you just dropped crappy equipment when you die this would be a good move this time around also. :mrgreen:

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Pre bound decked equipment.

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:52 pm

I want to bring back a bit of risk to the game again. ROK post crash was very fluffy kitten mode for everything.

I agree with store bought items being sbed to a certain point. After imcome is steady player should deal with it.

I don't think any store items were decked straight up though. And oads should always have nil.
I'm wondering bout things like banks. Per crash was much more risky and people actually sat outside to hunt. I feel post crash ruined a lot of risk. Maybe I'm wrong.

If everything comes decked you might as well throw away that system and just raise damage on weapons etc. :p

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:01 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the first town or so with atleast some bound equipment (maybe have an option to buy more expensive bound equipment or risk it with not bound).

I really loved finding crap on the floor too after someone died but at the same time I can see how it's a turnoff to lose your stuff.

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:40 pm

I think more expensive bound noob gear is a great idea. Don't completely coddle people, but help a little. I loved the universal bank as a newbie, but I see why it's cool to separate them.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:49 pm

I am just saying post crash Terra had a bound set of gear and that was it. That's all you really need for the first 10 or 15 levels and that's good until you have enough gold saved for better items that you get decked and SB along the way. Linked banks were cool but not needed. I say 1 set of bound gear in the starting city should be good enough for a new player to start and keep the pk safe level until after level 8.(honestly I would love to pk at level 1)

Linked bank system could be a nice IAP type thing for future reference.

We just need to make it new player friendly without having it to easy for them. It's something to work o and balance as we go tho.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:45 pm

I know this is a bit off topic but as for banks you could always have say the first 3 or so linked and after that unlinked. You could mark it up to some kind of town alliance within those 3 but different far out towns and whatnot don't share that alliance or whatever.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:49 pm

That's a good idea randy.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Lateralus wrote:I know this is a bit off topic but as for banks you could always have say the first 3 or so linked and after that unlinked. You could mark it up to some kind of town alliance within those 3 but different far out towns and whatnot don't share that alliance or whatever.

That seems over complicated to me.

I think initially banks can be unlinked. Perhaps a fee per month (Let's say 50k a month) to have a universal bank. Maybe more, don't know. But I think it should be either all unlinked or all linked.. And can be swapped IG depending on a condition (gold, event token points, etc.). If people want the universal bank right from the get go that's okay too. Suppose thats another topic to write up real quick. I'll go with the most popular vote. For me though I think a non-universal bank creates more content and more people would hunt. Nothing like stabbing someone and getting a ton of gold 8)

The item bank (account item bank) will be universal as individual item banks would probably create quite a mess. That's not set in stone yet though either, but would be over complicating things when individual banks become one bank. It's possible, just not sure its worth it for items

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Universal item bank. I just fell in love.

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Thu May 05, 2016 12:18 pm

What about items that can deck? A gold sink for someone who doesn't have a chanter/priest, and/or can't find a decking crew nearby right away. And there was always the fright of theft of the item as well.

It/they would obviously have to be overpriced high enough that it wouldn't put deckers out of business though. Maybe an SS costs 1000g, and a useable SS that can be applied directly to an item costs 10000 or something.

While having a specific town somewhere that sells a full decking item. And it would cost a pretty penny, but would fully deck the item that it is applied to.

Each item would have to be priced high enough though that it would make one think twice about buying the item, as opposed to seeking out someone with a decking team.

Return to “Archive Chat”