Non-Universal Banking with a requirement fee to upgrade to Universal Banking
45%

Total votes: 20
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Bank

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Universal vs not, or perhaps a mix.

Universal Bank is nice for ease of access. You store gold in one bank, you are able to get gold in all banks. Aka all banks are linked. This however I think makes it really 'safe', you never see people running around with gold, which pre-crash ROK had a good amount of to be honest. You will still be able to see where all your gold is if you go non-universal.

The last option is pretty much non-universal until a certain requirement is met. For example 50k a month will allow you to have universal banking. Not paying will revert your account to non-universal.

Sorry if I don't make much sense.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Bank

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:58 pm

As stated in another post, the item bank will always be universal. I don't wanna get over complicated and messy when it comes to items. Perhaps slots will be limited and you pay gold to earn more slots (up to 50, or we just have max to start.). Item banks are accessible in general banks (I.E. where you store gold). Items will be shared on accounts in this item bank.

For gold, I've already said I don't really want some sort of 'some banks are shared, some are not' thing. It's over complicating things.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Non universal sounds good or with a fee (can see an IAP for say membership which links banks gives unlimited character slots etc..)

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 am

I like the idea of a hold sink to have linked banks. Will help with having too much hold on the future.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:46 am

I'm trying to think if the item bank being universal and the gold bank not being universal will cause issues or abuse of the item system to somehow make it so they can transfer their gold though it. But I think I cannot find any. Sure you could convert your gold to items, but when you sell it you lose a good portion of gold since its not bought back for full price.

Regardless, thinking about it, should item banks be universal or non-universal? If the choice is non- I can think up something anyways for it. Wouldn't be too hard I guess. The only issue is if its ever converted to a universal. It's not as easy to do like a simple integer value is.

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 am

I think items should be universal

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm kind of on the fence about universial item banks as well. I don't think converting to gold would be a huge issue since you would take a pretty big loss.

It would in my mind be easier to program as well. I guess I'd say just have universial but for sure limited space again I'd like to see a larger one as part of an IAP down the road.

Something to keep in mind you wouldn't have to have a vault in every city. This way you could force people to move with items. Then again if anything is of importance it's going to be sbed somewhat soon anyways so yea I'm for universial items

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:26 pm

True. Also might ruin houses too if they have several slots per city.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Fri May 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Why not have banks have "identity" integers. Basically what I mean is each bank has a unique integer to identify it in the database "please say you aren't using separate files". In this case "allied" banks can share the integer to where certain banks can be shared while others are stand alone. For ease I would actually have 3 identifiers in the code in case you want groups later along with unique (and data integrity). The other two identifiers could be set to null for now.

If this sounds complicated look at it this way. You allow for custom clan houses and someone builds a bank. They choose to have their bank allied with a town they regularly hang out in. That way the two banks share the same balance but it doesn't effect any other banks.

Also from a RP and world building point of view, this would allow a "cities at war" situation. I'll go back to the Syndar/Tanjir war as an example. Let's say all Syndar cities unite against Tanjir so any bank used in Syndar shares funds. Meanwhile Tanjir is factioned and while the Corathi cities are pooled into one bank, all rebel or unallied are on their own. So someone wanting to go to/from Troika would have to take their funds with them while a trip to Donas has less risk. An extreme example but it is presented to show options.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Istria

Postby Istria » Sat May 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Rok Clone... No changes we had universal. Lets keep it that way.

Return to “Archive Chat”