clickable icon

Styx

clickable icon

Postby Styx » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:45 am

new players who dont know how to find the launcher would find it handy if the launcher created a clickable icon to run the program, i had to run through file explorer to find it in the zip file, the icon created went to a dead link

Deehok

Re: clickable icon

Postby Deehok » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 am

Styx wrote:new players who dont know how to find the launcher would find it handy if the launcher created a clickable icon to run the program, i had to run through file explorer to find it in the zip file, the icon created went to a dead link

As said in the other thread you should extract the launcher somewhere you want it such as the desktop.

I do agree though that a zip file probably shouldnt be used.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Styx wrote:new players who dont know how to find the launcher would find it handy if the launcher created a clickable icon to run the program, i had to run through file explorer to find it in the zip file, the icon created went to a dead link

It typically does create a icon first launch, but there must be an issue on that.

Typically should create one directly on the desktop as long as the launcher isn't moved. Can you tell me where your link went too? I can see about fixing it if theres is an issue.

What windows version you running as well? Where is the launcher located?

Thanks!

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:39 am

Honestly I don't have a clue which version of windows I hands or anything about it anymore, personally I liked it better when everything was just windows 3.11 or whatever lol, but I hava enough knowledge to figure it out.

It did put a icon on screen , but after I clicked on it it said path not found

So I'm thinking the zip folder and path file could have been the problem depending on what folder it was, anymore I'm to lazy to make it all look nice and pretty.

Might be better if it was a exe to create the folder locations?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:24 pm

Styx wrote:Honestly I don't have a clue which version of windows I hands or anything about it anymore, personally I liked it better when everything was just windows 3.11 or whatever lol, but I hava enough knowledge to figure it out.

It did put a icon on screen , but after I clicked on it it said path not found

So I'm thinking the zip folder and path file could have been the problem depending on what folder it was, anymore I'm to lazy to make it all look nice and pretty.

Might be better if it was a exe to create the folder locations?

Did you perhaps move the launcher exe after it was done?

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:22 am

No I didn't move anything from the folder etc. Just win zip then it did its thing, clicked on icon, etc

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Styx wrote:No I didn't move anything from the folder etc. Just win zip then it did its thing, clicked on icon, etc

Odd, can anyone else verify this issue?

Return to “Archive Chat”